What would you pay for this...

Id_rather_be_skiing

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
Wanted to start a thread that hopefully others will use too...

I am tossing around the idea of picking up a used 27.5 trail bike, nothing serious yet but did come across some used bikes on Pinkbike, looked on Bicycle Blue book which I know isn't a great price guide. But what would you pay for this? https://www.pinkbike.com/buysell/2914602/.

I was thinking more in the 2200 range after paging through the photos.

Last edited:
A
Wanted to start a thread that hopefully others will use too...

I am tossing around the idea of picking up a used 27.5 trail bike, nothing serious yet but did come across some used bikes on Pinkbike, looked on Bicycle Blue book which I know is a great price guide. But what would you pay for this? https://www.pinkbike.com/buysell/2914602/.

I was thinking more in the 2200 range after paging through the photos.
few things here.
Look at the drive side crank.. this thing is well used.

the reverb has likely never been serviced so that’s likely shot.

the same may go for suspension. Sc pivots do hold up well and with a fresh set of bearings it could feel like new.

keep in mind that this is the last gen Bronson and they are likely to release another gen soon.

be ready to invest $500 give or take to make this bike right.

But what would you pay for this?
It's a seller's market now, everyone wants bikes. Fast forward 2 yrs from now and I'd guess there will be a lot of bike seller's out there, creating a buyer's market.

Blue book had this bike at $2200 range, and that seems about right, however I believe the seller could get $2500 if he waits a few weeks.

Reactions: don
Is this a R or a S? RD looks like a GX which leads me to believe its a S build but the seller did say he upgraded the drivetrain so IDK. But if it is a S build, 2800 is a great price. I wouldn't let go of my Hightower S for less than $3k. If it is a R build, 2200 sounds fair to me.

Is this a R or a S? RD looks like a GX which leads me to believe its a S build but the seller did say he upgraded the drivetrain so IDK. But if it is a S build, 2800 is a great price. I wouldn't let go of my Hightower S for less than $3k. If it is a R build, 2200 sounds fair to me.

Definitely an S build. GX, Guide R brakes, DPS Shock and Fox Performance Fork.

That said this bike is beat on pretty good. Fair condition Bluebook is $2k, Good is $2700. I'd be comfortable at $2400-2500 knowing you'd have to put some cash in to get it back to it's former glory.

It's a seller's market now, everyone wants bikes. Fast forward 2 yrs from now and I'd guess there will be a lot of bike seller's out there, creating a buyer's market.

Blue book had this bike at $2200 range, and that seems about right, however I believe the seller could get $2500 if he waits a few weeks.

The true price is somewhere between asking and bluebook 95% of the time.

Offer $2100 then when the seller counters, ask when was the last time the fork and shock were serviced. As @jdog pointed out, probably never. Personally I wouldn't pay more than $2,000 for this bike but it is a seller's market so you're kinda screwed.

I reached out to the seller on the model and when it was all serviced last. If he even responds I'm gonna offer 2000 knowing it will need work and looks beat on. Keeping my eyes on the classifieds cause this is a nice to have/want. Def dont need.

Im really hoping the the "I bought a bike cause covid" people get tired of looking at the bike in the garage now that day light savings is coming this weekend and decide to dump it or pay off that credit line they got with the bike.

I reached out to the seller on the model and when it was all serviced last. If he even responds I'm gonna offer 2000 knowing it will need work and looks beat on. Keeping my eyes on the classifieds cause this is a nice to have/want. Def dont need.

Im really hoping the the "I bought a bike cause covid" people get tired of looking at the bike in the garage now that day light savings is coming this weekend and decide to dump it or pay off that credit line they got with the bike.
Don't hold your breath. I predict that will start to happen after there is a vaccine and the lazy go back to being lazy indoors and at the malls.

Don't hold your breath. I predict that will start to happen after there is a vaccine and the lazy go back to being lazy indoors and at the malls.

I think it'll take a couple years on top of that too. People don't want to put in the work of selling it and admitting it was an impulse buy they barely used.

But when the flood inevitably comes....the used bike market is going to be nuts.

Also, the majority of " Covid " buys, were on the lower end of the spectrum. A far cry from something like a Bronson. Covid definitely raised the selling price of everything, but not to the same extent as the entry level market. So I'm not sure waiting things out is going to make a super huge difference at the level of bikes you seem to be looking at.

Back
Top Bottom