What would do you want for X-mas???

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep
Let's say that someone comes into my shop looking for a gift for YOU.

What might you be looking for??

Many times shoppers are looking for a gift but they only know that their special someone "rides a lot". They come in with no clue what to buy but they know that they are in the right spot.

If you were to get a gift at varying prices what would you crave??

Say for example at $50, $100, or $200 and more if you are so lucky...

btw.it can be for Hanukkah too..

(sorry for the error on the title)

anrothar

entirely thrilled
gift certificate. if they don't know what you already have, or what your preferences are, it's the only way to go. sure it's generic, but there's a very good chance the person will be back in the shop anyway to exchange the dvd you got him/her because they already have it.

now, if you're selling sweet stuff like the ability to fly or breathe underwater or turn into a tree, that would be a whole different story.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
1. Gloves
2. Socks
3. Set of tires

Personally I can never have too many of any of those.

4. Christmas tree

Well, tis the season after all.

jdog

Shop Keep
anrothar said:
gift certificate. if they don't know what you already have, or what your preferences are, it's the only way to go. sure it's generic, but there's a very good chance the person will be back in the shop anyway to exchange the dvd you got him/her because they already have it.

now, if you're selling sweet stuff like the ability to fly or breathe underwater or turn into a tree, that would be a whole different story.

We had a bunch of Invisibility cloaks last x-mas but they kept disappearing..

Kidding.

Gift certificates are good for sure. Strangely about 1/4 of them all never get used. I have no idea how people loose free money.

j

jdog

Shop Keep
Jason said:
I just want some new biking DVDs.

I actually just saw Roam for the 1st time the other day. I would have paid for that one.

wowzer.

Any other DVD's on the list??

jdog

Shop Keep
normZurawski said:
1. Gloves
2. Socks
3. Set of tires

Personally I can never have too many of any of those.

4. Christmas tree

Well, tis the season after all.

#4 is puzzling to me. I don't think that it would do you a ton of good to unwrap that on x-mas morning. You might get tired of that by the next day.

But I will tell Santa if I see him.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
jdog said:
#4 is puzzling to me.

http://www.mtbnj.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1442

5. Winter shoes
6. Non winter shoes
7. Shorts
8. Jersey
9. Tubes

If they really ride "a lot", any clothing item is useful, as are tubes & tires. Just make sure they know it's as good as a gift certificate and they're golden. I don't think I can have too many of any of these things.

10. A mind to ryhme and 2 hype feet

ArmyOfNone

Never Enough

I dont think you can ever have enough clothing. Especially if you ride somewhere *cough* six mile *cough* where you come out in pretty mud a few times a week.

J-Dro

The most useful gifts would be things that wear out regularly, like chains or lube. But not very high on the xmas morning excitement factor.

I'd go with a bike computer or maybe a DVD. In the winter months, it's fun to live life vicariously through Kranked VII.

rocknrollgirl

Dear Santa....

Winter shoes would be on my list....

Everything else is in pretty good shape including a brand new mountain bike....

maybe some triathlon stuff, that seems to be what is coming next.

jdog

Shop Keep
With all this talk of winter shoes I had better do a re-order on Monday.

I sold 3 pairs yesterday alone..

Last year a barely sold any. I guess now that the price is a more reasonable $169 people are making the comitment. Last years Sidi was $219 and I guess that was just too much.

btw.. 10% off for pretty much anyone from this board.. Except for Fred. He gets 9%.

pixychick

JORBA: Ringwood
JORBA.ORG
jdog said:
I actually just saw Roam for the 1st time the other day. I would have paid for that one.

wowzer.

Any other DVD's on the list??

Hey jdog, would that be suitable for child viewing?? :hmmm: My nephew may have the mtb bug, and I would love to feed that interest. Tis the season for giving, so please list your dvd fav's suitable for family veiwing.

pixy

Bob W

JORBA: Allamuchy
JORBA.ORG
Roam

Pixy,

We have had Roam for a while and I would give it a PG rating. No boobs or F bombs that I recall. Also, The Collective (first one) is the same. Man if I only had an aunt as cool as you growing up!!!

See ya,

bob

pixychick

JORBA: Ringwood
JORBA.ORG
Pixy,

We have had Roam for a while and I would give it a PG rating. No boobs or F bombs that I recall. Also, The Collective (first one) is the same. Man if I only had an aunt as cool as you growing up!!!

See ya,

bob

Thanks Bob. Picked up "Roam" yesterday at my lbs, previewed it and it should be a great gift for my nephew. Nice photgraphy, but I did question wether showing downhillers pushing their bikes up hill on film, was suitable for kids? :hmmm: Anyway, it should wet his appetite while waiting for spring.

pixy

Top Bottom