What Workouts are you doing on the trainer?

Yes, the road bike does help. I didn't start to hit the podiums till I got on the road. You do have to be a well rounded rider to race DH competitively. You can only get so far with skill and big balls. :hmmm:

Simple experience plays a big part as well. I'll ride stuff my XC friends think of as nuts and acuse me of having 'ballz'... and I tell them, "no... I've just been doing this for a number of years now and I've seen and ridden this kind of stuff before. I just have more experience." The first "serious" DH course I ever rode was the Sport course at Mt Snow in '98. This course was basically the Pro/Ex course, but with the start line about 1/2 way down the mtn. It was steep, off-camber, root-covered, and tight. I'd never imagined riding anything like that even being possible and was scared sh1tless. What I'd give to ride that course now... :rolleyes: (the next year was the 1st year of the course general route that ended in the "Yardsale" section)

Added about a 1/2 hour to the DVD time last night. Felt better... stopped when my right knee started to twinge and decided that increasing the time incrementally would probably be a good idea... With the snow-melt and whatnot this w/e likely turning the trails into slop, I'm hoping to get in a 3-4 hr road ride instead.

Back
Top Bottom