What wine are you drinking now?

Shaggz

A strong 7
Another day at the office, Champagne seminar/training last Friday. The Palmer spends 54 months in the bottle, small, elegant bubbles. I love bubbles...

champ.jpg

Shaggz

A strong 7
I’m all about the Spanish wines since Barcelona. Priorat (red, the white is hard to get)
View attachment 110365

Spanish wines have probably the highest quality to value ratios in the market. If you haven't already, look for wines from Monstant DOC. While part of Priorat, Monstant are the hills and terraces that surround Priorat DOC. Generally speaking, same climate and grapes, just different soils types.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
The Judgment in Branchburg! 2 epic vintages, the suspense is killing me.
Looking forward to hearing about these wines.. and the CdP too

the CduP was awesome. Think we were very close on this bottle - the color was changing but no off-tastes.
Lots of black cherry, and a hint of breakfast cranberry drink. Leathery and dry. Worked well with the hard cheese,
then finishing up with some lasagna.

The St Emilion was def past its prime (at least this bottle?). After being open for 3 hours, we started our tasting. That brown color and port nose
was a bit disappointing. Not too much happening now - still has the mineral and oak going. Some tasting notes were indicating
age/drink now, but it probably peaked a couple years ago. It did get better at the 5 hour mark. More dark fruit, and chocolate. Still.....

The Mondavi did much better. Beautiful color, coffee/vanilla hints along with black cherry/blackberry, and the nice dry leather.
Quite a bit going on, we had it open for 90 minutes or so before drinking, and finished over another 90 minutes.
Really happy with this one.

The Calling is calling. See ya when you get back.

Magic

Formerly 1sh0t1b33r
Team MTBNJ Halter's
@Patrick waiting to taste his wine.
65029247-worried-businessman-running-out-of-time-watching-the-clock-at-office.jpg

TimBay

Do y'all have like a wine calendar for a bottle you plan to store and open at its peak? How do you go about selecting a wine for such a purpose? Is there an app?

NJ-XC-Justin

KY-DH-Freddy
These were in my bag today

View attachment 107789

I used to grab the prisoner here and there. But I OD'd on the zin-cabs and their jaminess. Went back to regular cabs and now I just spend more to be happy lol. But honestly I wish I enjoyed the diversity of wines as much as you guys. I got stuck on big napa and Sonoma cabs and I feel like I enjoy almost nothing else now. I used to love a light beaujolais or pinot noir. I recognize I'm paying way too much for my $30 block estate but it's a crowd favorite.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Do y'all have like a wine calendar for a bottle you plan to store and open at its peak? How do you go about selecting a wine for such a purpose? Is there an app?

I use Cellartracker - there is a "ready now" link/query.
easy enough to put bottles into the DB - can scan the barcode, or just take a pic of the label, and it will recognize it most times.
It can track the bottle right down the spot you place it - i'm too lazy to do that....

@Patrick waiting to taste his wine.
65029247-worried-businessman-running-out-of-time-watching-the-clock-at-office.jpg

We find other activities to pass the time....

1573481781290.png

Top Bottom