What wine are you drinking now?

JonF

Wow, nice!! How was it?? I have a few vintages of both the Carlisle Sonoma County and the Palisades PS’ lying around. Haven’t opened any yet though. Barrel tasted the 2009 or 10 a while back when we visited the winery. Loved it. Now I am thinking I need to start cracking them open.
I've been buying Carlisle for just 3-4 years and so everything i have is recent vintages, however, anything i've opened thus far has been very approachable. While many of these dense wines have the bones to go the distance, they haven't been closed or anything like a young, tannic old world wine. I dont think you could go wrong popping any of them, especially the county designates. Maybe the Syrah's would need some time, but i don't buy much of those.

Roadie

I've been buying Carlisle for just 3-4 years and so everything i have is recent vintages, however, anything i've opened thus far has been very approachable. While many of these dense wines have the bones to go the distance, they haven't been closed or anything like a young, tannic old world wine. I dont think you could go wrong popping any of them, especially the county designates. Maybe the Syrah's would need some time, but i don't buy much of those.
Yes all his stuff drinks pretty well out of the gate. We have been on the list since the 2009 vintage and have gone through a few buying phases. First went heavy on everything. Then focused on the zins and blends. Moved away from that and into thier syrahs. Now back to zin but more selective. I like the Zinfandels with about 5 years on them. I have been letting the syrahs hang around longer.

rmap01

Marquis Phillips!!! Haven’t seen one of those in a long long time!
Good pick up especially given the poor quality of the pic! 2005 vintage. I figured it might be a throw away given that it was well past the recommended drinking window. But was surprisingly quite enjoyable.

Roadie

3D628C67-EB3B-4525-B656-865B5E9EB49C.jpeg
2008 El Nido Clio.... 2nd bottle of three. Drank the first on release. Was pretty much an oak bomb. It is in a much better place now. Oak is still present but just an accent to a rich core of vibrant dark cherry. Tannins are still kicking. So good!

rmap01

View attachment 134170
2008 El Nido Clio.... 2nd bottle of three. Drank the first on release. Was pretty much an oak bomb. It is in a much better place now. Oak is still present but just an accent to a rich core of vibrant dark cherry. Tannins are still kicking. So good!
Nido is good stuff. If you can find the 2004 at a decent price grab it!

Top Bottom