what was your first car?!?

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
'86 Buick Riviera

It had a touch screen (monochrome green) computer in the dash that controlled the radio, heat, a/c, etc. It also had a trip computer that would tell you how many miles to go, and I forget what else. That impressed everyone who was in my car, even in '97-'01 when I drove it. It was also pimped out with amazingly comfortable leather seats.

I replaced it with a '98 Altima in 2001, and that car just will not die.

jdgang

My cars for the first three years of having my license (which I didnt get until after turning 18)

1. 78 Firebird 305 4 speed
2. 70 LeMans Sport
3. 82 T1000 (a Pontiac chevette)
4. 86 Pontiac Sunbird
5. 82 Chevy Z28 Indy 500 Camaro
6. 86 Honda Civic
7. 86 Pontiac Trans Am

addicted7369

My first car car was a 76 Monte Carlo here is a pic of it my brother gave it to me for my 16th birthday looked great didnt run when I got it 33305960008_large.jpg

ChrisRU

1989 Honda Accord Lx-i. 5 speed sedan. Looked just like this beauty:
26459950.jpg

I drove the piss out of this thing and it was a champ. There is nothing like flip up lights lol. Bought it with about ~137k on it and put around 50k abusive miles on it before 5th gear went out. I still drove it for like 2-3 months with 4 gears before parting with it. It was loud as hell on the highway in 4th, since the muffler had fallen off going around the Somerville Circle earlier in its life :D

Carson

Sport Bacon
Team MTBNJ Halter's
1989 Honda Accord Lx-i. 5 speed sedan. Looked just like this beauty:
26459950.jpg

I drove the piss out of this thing and it was a champ. There is nothing like flip up lights lol. Bought it with about ~137k on it and put around 50k abusive miles on it before 5th gear went out. I still drove it for like 2-3 months with 4 gears before parting with it. It was loud as hell on the highway in 4th, since the muffler had fallen off going around the Somerville Circle earlier in its life :D

Those LX-i's were tough to find. They were much better than the models with carbs. My first car was a 1985. My friend's mom had an LX-i and I was all set to upgrade when she wrecked it. My 85 had 86hp!

jdgang

Those LX-i's were tough to find. They were much better than the models with carbs. My first car was a 1985. My friend's mom had an LX-i and I was all set to upgrade when she wrecked it. My 85 had 86hp!

like my 86 civic..carb and it had manual steering!!! HP was wicked back in the day. My 86 TA 305 with a quadajet 145hp!!!!

macdad

Malibu Classic Station wagon circa 1973 with holes in the floor board, some doors wouldn't open, some wouldn't close... could fit the entire 1985 Midd South Cross country team into it in order to train at Holmdel after school... we'd take the Parkway home and watch the lines pass under us through the hole...

gsorbo

$3000 in 1974 is a pretty good price. I mean it was an 11 year old vette that cost what? $5000 new?

You're absolutely correct. And today, in top shape, which mine was, with matching numbers, you can get over $125,000.

surf1net

68 Firebird.
Got it for $200. Didn't run and i had to pull it home with a toe rope attached to my fathers Dodge Van.

Dirtdog

1961 ford falcon 3spd on the steering column,6cycl.This had a choke throttle, if car ran rough pull on the choke and the RPMS went up.Kinda miss that feature.The car had really bad dry rot.Everything I touched flaked away in my hand.Gas was 27-32 cents a gal back then.Seems silly we used to shop for cheap gas even at those prices.Sinclair gas ,dinosaur was their logo.

snashters

1964 Austin Morris Mini. Fond memories of that car, I guess you always do of your first car. It had sliding windows, drum brakes & when it rained it had water sloshing around in the footwell. The car was sloooow, but it was still fun to chuck it around & to learn the proper use of the hand-brake. It ended up in the scrap yard, it served me well.

freeride

1st 3 cars were:

1. '74 duster bought for 10 bux from neighbor, polished in up and then rear end fell out going upstate on nys thruway just after toll barriers so ditched it
  2. '74 Triumph TR-6, bro bought in Fla, pulled out trainy and could not get it back in so sold it
  3. '70s Lime Green Volvo 244 got from dad, early volvo fuel injections were pos money pit to fix

dpitch58

1965 chevy impala, hanging headliner and all. frost on the inside of the windows on cold mornings. bought it for $100. had a 283 you couldn't kill.

Fogerson

Former Resident Nerd
1965 chevy impala, hanging headliner and all. frost on the inside of the windows on cold mornings. bought it for $100. had a 283 you couldn't kill.

283's were certainly strong little workhorses...along with the torquey little 307 (283 block w/327 stroke). The "economy" V8's of their day...

Carson

Sport Bacon
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Pontiac Phoenix. Wish I still had it.

My mom had a 1981 Phoenix. First new car she owned. Red with red cloth. I still remember I wasn't allowed to eat in it for the first year or so (I was 7, so Happy Meals were a regular staple). I hated it.

PTB66

First car was some sort of 70's Cutlas (in the backround) while my Dad and I built the 72 Monte Carlo.
IMG.jpg

addicted7369

First car was some sort of 70's Cutlas (in the backround) while my Dad and I built the 72 Monte Carlo.
IMG.jpg

did your dad sell that monte to someone in south plainfield cause if my memory is right a friend of mine had one just like same paint sceme

Top Bottom