what type of mountain bike do you ride most often?

what type of mountain bike do you ride most often?

• fully rigid 26

Votes: 5 3.2%
  • hardtail 26

Votes: 18 11.5%
  • full sqush 26

Votes: 47 30.1%
  • fully rigid 29

Votes: 14 9.0%
  • hardtail 29

Votes: 49 31.4%
  • full squish 29

Votes: 23 14.7%
  • 650b

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

wonderturtle

Yeah, this poll is discriminatory. I choose "rigid 29er" and everyone will say, "Ooooo! That's badass!" But your poll doesn't allow them to know the full extent of my true badassery, and isn't that just robbing them? Isn't it?

denying the world the full extent of your true badassery will be my burden to bare.

1speed

Incredibly profound yet fantastically flawed
The results of this poll so far are very interesting -- through the early 00's, you'd hear how the hardtail was dead and that advances in FS would make even the most stringent gram-counting XC weenies go that way, and if this poll is in any way representative, that seems to be true to some extent for the 26-inch class, but somewhere along the line, wagon wheel hardtails came into their own. Why didn't 29ers follow the FS revolution? I'd think the suspension designs themselves aren't really different between 26 and 29. So what's the deal?

clarkenstein

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
So what's the deal?

i bet price is a big factor, and i think right now you have people riding the bikes that they are "trying 29ers out" on still. do this poll again in a couple years when most of us go through a bike-cycle, and you'll probably see more FS 29ers in the mix.

wonderturtle

i bet price is a big factor, and i think right now you have people riding the bikes that they are "trying 29ers out" on still. do this poll again in a couple years when most of us go through a bike-cycle, and you'll probably see more FS 29ers in the mix.

think its a few things:

(1) price. full squish 29ers are costly. atleast now.

(2) the bigger wheels, I think, reduces the need for full squish (front squish gets the job done in most parks...more so than with a 26er)

but I agree. we will probably see more FS 29ers if done a few years.

JSko

I started riding on a 29 Hardtail, but since I picked up my FS 26er, I really haven't gone back to the 29er much.

SmooveP

you ride in Hartshorne alot? think I've seen you a few times. I ride the black/pink Haro Mary .

Dat's me. I try to get out there around 3 times a week. I'm in a rut, and need to hit up some other parks. I'll keep my eyes peeled for you out there!

extremedave

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Can I vote twice? :D I've got a squish 26 and a HT 29er, I ride whichever one:
A. Isn't broken.
B. Just got a new part to try.
(sometimes B. leads to A., so there's that.)
I haven't ridden the 29er...wow, since the weekend after the Lewis Morris race!!

Blk06CompIRL

to who ever is riding those 4 fully rigid 26", i give you mad props if your riding it on the more rocky conditioned trails haha.

Top Bottom