What Trail was I riding??

1x1

I took a nice loop yesterday. At one point I turned right (west) on Double Pond after coming southbound on Hoeferlin. I found a newly cut singletrack on the left about 1/4 mile down. This spectacular trail was brilliantly cut thru some thick-ass rhodedendron. There weren't any blazes on it. I followed it about 1/2 mile or so and then turned around. Got a little freaked out that I would stumble onto a momma bear and kin. Seemed a likely place for such an encounter.

Anyway, anyone know where it connects too on the other end? :hmmm:

VelocityBoy

"Sleeveless Joe"
This trail was recently cut and will eventually spit you out on Banker bypassing leaving the park proper. Much thanks to jeffstick!

jeffstick

JORBA: Waywayanda
JORBA.ORG
Not finished yet. We still have a more time to finish it to the other side on Banker adn then do some work where it crosses a little damp spot.

VelocityBoy

"Sleeveless Joe"

Attachments

• wawaytm04509.jpg
    wawaytm04509.jpg
    176.2 KB · Views: 429

1x1

Let me know what date(s) you are planning on working on the trail. I'd like to help out.

I finally rode the section we all worked on Sun 3/22 off the pipeline. The rock path over the wet spot turned out quite well. Very rideable.:p

jeffstick

JORBA: Waywayanda
JORBA.ORG
4/26 is the next TM date but we may need to do some work on the race course. If that gets done we will be back out there on 4/26

monteverest

I may have "found" this trail while lost on Bankers today. I believe the route was west from Bankers and I followed it hoping to exit on a fireroad for the last leg home but the trail seem to end at a swollen, raging creek. I turned around rather than try to ford the creek.

Very nice piece of work.

steve336

Just got back from Wawayanda and found this trail. very nice work done, seems to be completed thru. I rode it from Double Pond too Banker. On a ride earlier this week Panhead? mentioned this trail was going to be named Plymouth Lane.

Panhead

Just got back from Wawayanda and found this trail. very nice work done, seems to be completed thru. I rode it from Double Pond too Banker. On a ride earlier this week Panhead? mentioned this trail was going to be named Plymouth Lane.

Thats Plymouth Lane. Cuts out the neighborhood at the end of Double Pond and Banker. The guys did a great job with the trail, lot of work in a short time.

steve336

yeah awesome work.

Had some time today did a quick loop down that way.
Double pond
Plymouth Lane
Banker
Cherry Ridge
Red Dot almost made nature jims bridge ,one day soon
Double pond
Back to furnace

Panhead

As far as I know it was. I didn't make the last 2 work days, but I heard it is 100% rideable.

steverod23

Location ?

If I am on Double Pond starting at the furnace, I would pass red dot heading toward Cedar Swamp.

Plymouth Lane would be on my right after Cedar and before Hoferlein ?

Does it drop you off on Banker past the boardwalk ?

VelocityBoy

"Sleeveless Joe"
If I am on Double Pond starting at the furnace, I would pass red dot heading toward Cedar Swamp.

Plymouth Lane would be on my right after Cedar and before Hoferlein ?

Does it drop you off on Banker past the boardwalk ?

Yes, maybe 150 yds. on the right before Hoferlin heading east (toward Clinton).

Yes, past the boardwalk.

steve336

Im going up there tomorrow around 8. like to do do Plymouth Lane work my way over to tombstone and the pines if anyone is up for it. I know its kinda short notice.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions