What tire are you on?

Pearl

THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING
after buying a new bike, the girlfriend has found that the tires that originally came on it are not the best for riding six mile in certain conditions.

the bike is a specialized myka. the original tires are the fast trak's that came on it. not great for riding after the rain and trying to stop :p

is there any tire that you guys suggest if you would be upgrading? i personally have the kenda kinetics's that originally came on my jamis. any help would be great :)

dirty bert

Banned
Phat & Skinny

after buying a new bike, the girlfriend has found that the tires that originally came on it are not the best for riding six mile in certain conditions.

the bike is a specialized myka. the original tires are the fast trak's that came on it. not great for riding after the rain and trying to stop :p

is there any tire that you guys suggest if you would be upgrading? i personally have the kenda kinetics's that originally came on my jamis. any help would be great :)

i had a big phat WTB WeirWolf Race on the front and a skinny Kenda Tomac Nevegal in the back.

Pearl, where you been hiding?

-j

Pearl

THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING
between my house burning down and a busy couple months... im finally back on my feet =)

Pearl

THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING
yeah everthing is fine.. my bike was in the basement so i was happy about that =) luckly my insurance is covering me, otherwise id be screwed.

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad

6 gets so slick when it is wet that most tires aren;t going to do much below a big phat sticky DH tire.
Fast Traks are probably made for places like 6 miles otherwise...

R

roadrocket

I have been riding six mile for a while in all ways, shapes and forms (dry, wet, muddy, w/snow, ice, etc). In my experience, dry surface works best with any tire but in order to make your ride smoother, faster and more efficient --> reduce rolling resistance. My choices are: specialized fast trak, michelin dry2, , continental mountain king, and tomac small blocks. You can try others but remember reducing rolling resistance is key when it comes to improving your everage speed.
Wet weather requires knobby tires... such as kenda nevegals, hutshinson pythons, continental diesel, michelin all mountain (grey compound) or conti mountain kings.
In general thinner tires are faster, but there are some large volume ones that are quick too. I would use 2.2-2.4 in the front and 2.0-2.2 in the rear.
This is only my personal opinion...
hope this helps!:D

ellbiddy

After countless wipe outs on taking turns too fast I found out two other big factors are fork lockout force / pressure (on an air fork) and tire pressure. I ride my fork a little soft and it seems that on a tight turn it'll sink too far sometimes and I'd lose traction, so I'd set the lockout somewhere midway which helped, but I can't seem to nail the pressure, too high and I don't have grip, too low and I feel my tire shear and lose group I guess it's trial and error as I have a bigger frame at like 6'2" and 190. I notice it's the worst when it's really wet and really dry but I guess that would be obvious ;p A few days after it rains when it's drying up seems to be a really nice time to ride for me.

phathucker

wtb velociraptor, one of the most wicked tire sets out there, but they only come in 2.1........the wtb timberwolf also resembles a dirtbike tire and come in 2.5 Or you could get the nastiest tire out there, the arrow racing savage 3.0 wich you can run at 15psi but you need 28 mm wide rims

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions