What Scale Do You Use?

Glancing Aft

My Sub-Big-Box-Store-Quality Scale is crapping out on me so it's time to get a new one. There are just so many options out there that I don't know where to begin. So I figured I'd turn to my fellow mtbnjers. What kind of scale do you have? Do you like it? Is it accurate?

I'm looking for something sub $100, preferably sub $75. That will give me weight, % body fat, % water. I track my progress in an excel sheet so I don't need anything with memory. I also don't want something that's going to break as soon as the 90 day warranty is up.

Last edited:

trener1

Tanita

I have a tanita that I use, I have had it for about 3-4 years seems as good as the day I bought it.

kerrybelle

Tanita

We've had ours for nealy 10 years now. Still works good as new. Although, the model I have only does weith & % body fat, for 2 people.

kerrybelle

That body fat thing drives me crazy, it varies too much

Yes, the variations are due to hydration levels & such. That's why it's recommended you weigh yourself 1st thing in the morning after using the restroom and before eating/drinking anything. At the very least weighing yourself at the same time of day.

Top Bottom