What podcast are you listening to?

The Kalmyk

I don’t think this thread exists. If so, please merge. But if it doesn’t it should.

here is one I just listened to:

It’s the unbound xl winner Taylor Lideen. Pretty good listen.

Really, the Trainerroad podcast is probably one of the best training podcasts out there. One of the newer hosts is very meh and a bad speaker but go back to the catalog about a year - 18 months ago and it’s very good info

Imma have to add that to my list. I love geeking out on training stuff. One of my favs is Faster by Flo and in that, the episode with Steve Neal was just awesome. The host brought him back to do a solo. He hints at the pyramidal approach and even talks about working in Z3 which has traditional been the dead zone. 😯

Others...

Making Sense with Sam Harris
Wild Fed
Body of Knowledge- Andy Galpin is on a complete other level. I found him through Rogan.

Jmann

Never gonna let you down.
I have a ton of podcasts that get auto downloaded on stitcher or apple, but how much I actually listen to depends on how much driving I’m doing.

I consistently listen to:
Criminal
Just riding along
Laser graves
WTF
Conan
Turned out a punk

And usually in the mix is:
This American life
Revisionist history
Omnibus
Greatest generation
Heavyweight
How stuff works
You must remember this
Snap judgment
Radiolab
And a bunch of others

ebarker9

Marginal Gains Cycling Podcast
Mountain Bike Radio - The Path Podcast, Trail EAffect
CyclingTips Nerd Alert
Huberman Lab

I like the CyclingTips Nerd Alert podcast because I'm into the tech details, but appreciate that they are by no means advocating that everybody should be on the latest "cool" products. They also generally have a sense of humor about the silliness of ultra expensive oversized derailleur pulleys etc. Also enjoy the tool discussion and find "ask a mechanic" to be pretty informative. What's the Marginal Gains vibe like?

asm

I like the CyclingTips Nerd Alert podcast because I'm into the tech details, but appreciate that they are by no means advocating that everybody should be on the latest "cool" products. They also generally have a sense of humor about the silliness of ultra expensive oversized derailleur pulleys etc. Also enjoy the tool discussion and find "ask a mechanic" to be pretty informative. What's the Marginal Gains vibe like?
I like Nerd Alert for the same reasons. Marginal Gains is about the little things that can improve performance. There have been discussions about aero, weight, chain maintenance, Everesting, the hour record and other topics. There is a bit of self advertising for Silca since Josh Poertner (owner of Silca) is one of the hosts, but usually it doesn't get in the way of the main content. In some ways it's similar to Nerd Alert since it gets into the tech details quite a bit.

ebarker9

I like Nerd Alert for the same reasons. Marginal Gains is about the little things that can improve performance. There have been discussions about aero, weight, chain maintenance, Everesting, the hour record and other topics. There is a bit of self advertising for Silca since Josh Poertner (owner of Silca) is one of the hosts, but usually it doesn't get in the way of the main content. In some ways it's similar to Nerd Alert since it gets into the tech details quite a bit.

The discussion of Roman's Everesting record was fascinating just from a purely nerd standpoint. I'd forgotten about that.

Sounds good, I'll check it out.

Reactions: asm

Big Haze

Gonna throw in a few oddball picks here…

Marsfall
The Leviathan Chronicles

Both are “Audio Adventures” so like an audio book but multiple actors and sound effects. I drive a lot for work so they are fun for sure.

jmanic

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
Staff member
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Just burned through The Lazarus Heist (10 epis) per @Norm’s reco.
Very good, possibly a second season dropping

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Wolves Among Us. It's about a dude that started selling weed in college and then moved on to selling cocaine while in dental school in the early 80's. It's really interesting stuff so far.

Jmann

Never gonna let you down.
Wolves Among Us. It's about a dude that started selling weed in college and then moved on to selling cocaine while in dental school in the early 80's. It's really interesting stuff so far.
Yeah, so far I like wolves among us. I had never heard of him or the story.

I like the single season shows.

Some similar ones that I thought were decent were boomtown, American skyjacker, American coyote, and crime town.

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I had never heard of him or the story.

Me neither. It's definitely a cool story, but it really resonates with me personally. My friends/roommates in college got arrested and went to jail for dealing. I was dragged out of bed and handcuffed at gunpoint by the DEA. Funny to think about now, but it was pretty wild at the time.

Some similar ones that I thought were decent were boomtown, American skyjacker, American coyote, and crime town.

Will check these out next, thanks!

I also just remembered that I saw a few weeks ago that Adnan Syed was finally released from prison, for anyone that listened to the original Serial podcast.

roc

Me neither. It's definitely a cool story, but it really resonates with me personally. My friends/roommates in college got arrested and went to jail for dealing. I was dragged out of bed and handcuffed at gunpoint by the DEA. Funny to think about now, but it was pretty wild at the time.

Will check these out next, thanks!

I also just remembered that I saw a few weeks ago that Adnan Syed was finally released from prison, for anyone that listened to the original Serial podcast.
I listened to that serial podcast. I was never convinced he didn’t do it.

I listened to “In the Dark“, that made me believe Curtis Flowers was totally set up.

Both podcasts are worth a listen.

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I listened to that serial podcast. I was never convinced he didn’t do it.

The prosecutor's office didn't say he was released because he's innocent, but they recognized that he basically got fucked and didn't receive a fair trial. They haven't announced yet whether they plan to re-try him or not, or if they plan to further investigate one of the other potential suspects.

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's

We've come a long way from your early 40's.

il_794xN.3566068308_eq99.jpg

roc

The prosecutor's office didn't say he was released because he's innocent, but they recognized that he basically got fucked and didn't receive a fair trial. They haven't announced yet whether they plan to re-try him or not, or if they plan to further investigate one of the other potential suspects.
I know, but if you want to listen about a guy really getting fucked, listen to that Curtis flowers podcast. Holy shit, that prosecutor is a scumbag.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's

I listened to the first season. It sounded like a shoddy case but I never knew if they were just picking what they wanted to. But the whole thing seems like a pig fuck of an investigation either way.

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I know, but if you want to listen about a guy really getting fucked, listen to that Curtis flowers podcast. Holy shit, that prosecutor is a scumbag.

I will, but just because someone else got fucked more, doesn't mean Adnan Syed didn't get fucked.

I listened to the first season. It sounded like a shoddy case but I never knew if they were just picking what they wanted to. But the whole thing seems like a pig fuck of an investigation either way.

Yeah, I listened to it forever ago, but I remember not really knowing if I thought he was guilty or not. His trial sounds like it was ridiculous though. The location based cell phone data plus the fact that there were other suspects not investigated (including one that was a principal witness against him) is pretty crazy. My guess is he won't be tried again.

Top Bottom