What Not to Name Your Kid....

crash_in_nj

Maybe #16 Bus Shelter was where the kid was conceived? And afterwards, they smoked some B&H cigarettes while waiting for the bus...

You can't have a crazy baby name discussion without mentioning the Zappas, though. I fault CNN for failing to mention Moon Unit and Dweezil.

Wobbegong

Dweezil's name was Ian Donald Calvin Euclid Zappa on the Birth Cert.

Which would you rather have, "Dweezil" or "Talula Does the Hula From Hawaii"?:hmmm:

crash_in_nj

Talula isn't Jennifer, but it isn't too unusual. Nobody really needs to know your middle name. Sure, the kids parents are a-holes, but you could do worse than Talula (if you ignore the rest of her name).

Benson and Hedges? Why not Bartles and Jaymes? I think that would be much classier. :)

The other thing with all of the wierd names is, you could always get the, "boy named Sue," effect. I can see little Number 16 Bus Shelter running around in a few years handing some bullies their @sses. "How do you like my name now?"

chemgirl

Team MTBNJ Halter's
My great great grandmas name was Talula, I have a big picture of her in my house because I like her name so much :)

I think I might name my new road bike Talula.

Talula isn't Jennifer, but it isn't too unusual. Nobody really needs to know your middle name. Sure, the kids parents are a-holes, but you could do worse than Talula (if you ignore the rest of her name).

Talula (or Tallulah) is Gaelic for "lady" or "princess" and it also means "abundant" according to babynames.com. Its lovely, really, and somewhat unique since it is not a very common name.

I'm all for saying or doing what you want unless you begin to negatively impact another person's life. And naming your kid "Number 16 Bus Stop" seems like it could have a fairly negative impact on his life.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Just so we're all on the same page, the kid's name was "Talula Does the Hula From Hawaii", not just Talula.

yep, noted. Can a 9yo petition to have her name legally changed to just "Talula?" I suppose since she is now a ward of the state, someone in government can advocate on her behalf.

Top Bottom