What next?

JTK37

I’m in the market for a second mountain bike. I’ve got a ‘19 Stumpjumper 29er and have the ‘21 on order to replace it. It’s “eh”, not great at any one thing but capable enough for everything so it’s been good a good all rounder, looking forward to the new one whenever it comes in.
During the pandemic we’ve gotten my girlfriends boys, 5 and 9 into riding. Training wheels are still on for the little guy so we’ve stuck mostly to school parking lots and paved trails. The 9yr old has done great from day 1. He can handle gravel and fire roads, hopefully out growing his current bike with the end of the year and we can get him onto something bigger and more capable.
All the time in parking lots and making U-turns on tight trails has me wanting something lighter and more nimble- different from what I have. I don’t need full suspension but if this is a bike I’ll still want to take out for solo rides it would be nice.
So I’m thinking Epic EVO or Chisel(XC). The EVO is over kill for what we’d be doing as a family, but light fast and more efficient than my trail bike. The Chisel I don’t really know much about, I haven’t ridden a hard tail or XC bike in 15yrs. I don’t even know if it would be comfortable.
What would you do?

Top Bottom