What kind of bee is this?

1speed

Incredibly profound yet fantastically flawed
Leave them alone - they're just trying to start their little bug lives together. I think the one is a wasp real estate agent showing your house to the other two, who are recently married and looking for a good starter wall within which to start their hive. It could even be an episode of "Hive Hunters" on the bug world's version of HGTV for all you know. "I'm a pollen enthusiast who likes to chew wood to a papery consistency for use in my domicile." "And I'm an alpha male with a penchant for biting the heads off of cicadas. Our budget is $10 million ..."

iman29

I checked all the replies here and no one said

“The kind that sting”?

But since I’m not sure just grab a few by the wing and let us know.

CommandoStyle

Looks like yellowjacket or wasp - spread some Sevin dust (can get it at Home Depot in the garden supplies area) around the entrance at night and it should take care of them. It is an insecticide that they will track into the nest and kill it.

Had a similar issue last year, they took up residence underground in my mulch bed. Treated the entrance two nights in a row, dump it and run, and it took care of the issue.
The Sevin powder works really well but be aware that it is toxic to cats.

EJphotos

Freeze one. Then when it's frozen, tie a string around it. Let it thaw. When thawed out, have fun flying your new pet bee.

iman29

I have ridden the Columbia trail a gazillion times and never got stung by anything.

This afternoon I was on my way back from a nice mixed road/gravel ride and with about 3 miles left I had this burning stabbing pain in my calf. It was so bad I had to stop pedaling. Not sure how something stung me at about 15-16 mph but damn that hurt.

Rushed home to ice it and put some
Benadryl gel on it. It’s better now but randomly I get that burning pain. At least it’s not swollen anymore. The last time I got stung last summer I stepped on one by the pool and could not wear my sneaker for 3 days.

18381FA0-334C-4197-8FE2-073DEC9EABBE.jpeg

gmb3

JORBA: Sourlands
JORBA.ORG
i feel like they're more aggressive this year for some reason. I haven't been stung in 20 years but this month i got stung twice at different TM sessions. Dumb luck could also be a possibility.

Big Dumb Animal

Hippo Nipples' #1 Fan
I have ridden the Columbia trail a gazillion times and never got stung by anything.

This afternoon I was on my way back from a nice mixed road/gravel ride and with about 3 miles left I had this burning stabbing pain in my calf. It was so bad I had to stop pedaling. Not sure how something stung me at about 15-16 mph but damn that hurt.

Rushed home to ice it and put some
Benadryl gel on it. It’s better now but randomly I get that burning pain. At least it’s not swollen anymore. The last time I got stung last summer I stepped on one by the pool and could not wear my sneaker for 3 days.

View attachment 167892
Have ammonia on you. It draws out the venom and lessens the pain and swelling.

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
i feel like they're more aggressive this year for some reason. I haven't been stung in 20 years but this month i got stung twice at different TM sessions. Dumb luck could also be a possibility.
Out of 20 Nica practices there have been like three where a kid hasn’t gotten stung this year.

Doing TM, I got hit three separate times.

Sven Migot

Looks just like The Killer Bees. They want your pollen. Don't let this happen to your family...
maxresdefault.jpg

Top Bottom