• Tiger Blood/ Mahlon

• Boulderama/ Sourlands

• Four Birds/ Wildcat

• Fugawe/ Wildcat

• Black Magic/ Mahlon

• Yellow trail/ Ramapo

Results are only viewable after voting.
Where is fug

East of Splitrock Reservoir. Nothing is marked and most of it should only be ridden in one direction. It makes Wildcat look like a walk in the park.

No one knows. I live a few miles away and cant find it. I hear the entrance is like narnia.

Some of the OG stuff is fairly well hidden, but the newer stuff is pretty obvious.

East of Splitrock Reservoir. Nothing is marked and most of it should only be ridden in one direction. It makes Wildcat look like a walk in the park.
Some of the OG stuff is fairly well hidden, but the newer stuff is pretty obvious.
One of these days I'll head over there.

@JimN and I were talking about this on Wed.....Like what qualifies as a hard trail...I think we agreed that it has to be something rideable......As in, not a hiking trail that your dragging your bike thru. For example, the original line on the orange trail to the hawkwatch.. (there is a go-round now that makes this hard, but plenty doable.) I have never seen anyone clean that in 12 years of riding wildcat....maybe jeff could do the hippity hoppity stuff up it...but I have never seen anyone ride it. So do I call that unridable?..I think so .(although the rest of orange is and its maybe the 3rd hardest trail to the hawkwatch?)

I did ride lumpy backwards once early on by mistake....hard to say how it was, im much better at rocks now. I mean seems like it would be harder, but not that bad. The hardest feature on lumpy is the hard right, then steep uphill....that would be eliminated in the other direction. Ill have to try it next time.

Those rock gardens at the end of lumpy are made much easier by being downhill though. There are a few I'm thinking of that are hard right turns after floating over some pretty gnarly stuff. Making the hard left and then jumping over those going uphill would be really tough.

I actually think going the other way wouldn't be too much tougher than the intended direction of Lumpy Bumpy otherwise.

It basically just keeps going from where you make a right to go to the Hawk Watch if you climbed Four Birds. It crosses the gravel road and there is a nice, long descent, then a wet spot and big rock garden, and then you cross a bridge and climb out. You can make a left on red at that point or keep going. If you keep going, there is a brutally impossible climb out (though I know 1-2 people that have cleaned it) and then some more fun gnar. It drops you down onto yellow near the dam. If you were coming from the dam, instead of making a left on white, you can keep going up yellow a little, looking to the left. There's a switchback to get most of the way up that first nasty bit of white, although it's rideable if you want to just grind it out. It's on trailforks.

The one near new way down isn't bad, you just have to navigate the one rock or two before the water and stay balanced. The other one has an improbably looking rock bridge, which is easier to see during drought season. If you don't have a slow fat biker in front of you like Utah did last night, you can just ride across the rocks without falling in.

Once you do the first water crossing heading up, the first rock garden isn't too bad, then there is one steep and loose climb that I'm like 50% on. The rest is fine until the end, where you have a steep little climb into a long rock garden, and then a left turn and brutal climb out. Last night was only my second time cleaning it all, and I couldn't catch my breath for like ten minutes.
Rode it yesterday in both directions. I retract all previous statements. Graveyard to hawk watch is freaking hard. The rock gardens and steep climbs right after each other on the way up are what does it. If it was just 1 and not both it would be much more manageable. Also I see how the stream crossings can be ridden now. Not by me, but by some. Down was fun though. Got all the rock gardens in that direction.

After riding jungle for the first time in years, it’s harder than I remember. In my mind it was similar to Mahlon, in that the great trail work makes everything rideable, but there’s more climbing and less recovery than Mahlon. I forgot how great a trail Boon is.

After riding jungle for the first time in years, it’s harder than I remember. In my mind it was similar to Mahlon, in that the great trail work makes everything rideable, but there’s more climbing and less recovery than Mahlon. I forgot how great a trail Boon is.
I agree Jungle is hard, and Boon is probably the hardest trail there aside from maybe Bouderdash, but jungle definitely is not the hardest place. I can ride everything at Jungle but i cannot ride everything at wildcat, ringwood, mooch or Sourlands.

I agree Jungle is hard, and Boon is probably the hardest trail there aside from maybe Bouderdash, but jungle definitely is not the hardest place. I can ride everything at Jungle but i cannot ride everything at wildcat, ringwood, mooch or Sourlands.
It’s definitely not the hardest, but harder than I remember, and harder than anything at Mahlon. I think otter slide stacked with rhino is pretty tough, nothing crazy on its own but a lot of opportunities to dab.

Does anyone have pictures of boulderdash?
It looks like this:
5719443B-CD80-4E87-BF2C-6EE07C8EED0E.jpeg

I think boulderdash actually looks a lot harder than it is.

Another thing about jungle I forgot about was the tight tree squeezes.

Back
Top Bottom