What is in your pack thread?

rlb

pretty much what he said also, but no pump. CO2 for me. Which reminds me, I need some more.

You'll forget again, until you're in the woods looking for it. Damn Murphy.

I've got what they said too

Shaggz

A strong 7
That thread may be int he First Timers forum.

My pack:
Keys
Phone
Tool
Pump
Spare Tube (even though I run tubeless)
crank bros Multi Tool
Bar/Gel
mtbNJ business cards
sram power link
spare RD hanger

Last edited:

larkin42

I go with:

Spare Tube
Multi tool
Tire Levers
Patch Kit
Band-Aids
Antiseptic Wipes
Bar/ Gel
Phone
Zip-Ties
Pocket Knife
Lighter

When I type it out, it seems like a lot, but I ride alone most of the time so I want to be prepared incase something happens and you never know when someone else on the trail may need some help. I guess I spent too much time watching Survivor Man.

betta285

I usually carry:

two water bottles(depending on ride length, and more in the car)
mini pump
a cliff bar or two.
two tubes
full set of allen keys, a screwdriver and a vice grip
beanie hat
extra gloves
cell phone, wallet, keys, etc.
chain lube
trail maps

I think that might be it for a standard trek in the woods.

Jim

rlb

Tool
Pump
RD hanger
power link
patches
tube
bars/gel/almonds etc
small first aid kit
keys/phone/license/insurance card/credit card

clarkenstein

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
water
tube
patch kit
emergency blanket
tire puller things
pump
alien tool
cell phone
wallet
keys
random particulate matter

too much i think, but i never bother to take it out.

pooriggy

Team MTBNJ Halter's
allen wrench set, co2, tube, tube lever, weed
just kidding about the allen wrench's:D

Mare

I go with:

Spare Tube
Multi tool
Tire Levers
Patch Kit
Band-Aids
Antiseptic Wipes
Bar/ Gel
Phone
Zip-Ties
Pocket Knife
Lighter

When I type it out, it seems like a lot, but I ride alone most of the time so I want to be prepared incase something happens and you never know when someone else on the trail may need some help. I guess I spent too much time watching Survivor Man.

I want to ride with you. Then I can pack light. Oh wait - I already pack light. Maybe a tube (if I remember - I figure I can always walk :)), CO2, chapstick, phone, peanut butter sandwich, an expired license in case I am knocked out and people need to ID me, tampons. Well, you asked! I wish my screen name was tampon.

olegbabich

When I was young I used to bring a lot of LSD into the woods with me. Now I just have a mini tool kit , MP-3 and water bottles.

mwlikesbikes

tampons. Well, you asked! I wish my screen name was tampon.

You're a nut Mare! :p

I take a bit of a MacGyver approach with what I pack in my MULE
2 tubes
folding metric allen key set
spoke wrench
zip ties
small flat head screwdriver
folding knife (to fight bears)
small leatherman style tool
tire levers
chain tool
derailuer hanger
expired licence
various gu packs & energy bars
blackburn mammoth mtn pump (IMO the best pump made)

And water! :drooling:

MTBTyler

I cant wait to read what Brian posts:rofl:
water, granola bars, inflation kit, patches, cheap o muti tool, leatherman, alen keys, I filled a little eye drop bottle with motor oil, plastic bags, phone and sometimes a camera. whistle, home made first aid. and when its at home- gloves, helmet, glasses.
Its alot but I would shoot myself in the foot if I didnt have something.:D Going to get some hangers

Mare

I cant wait to read what Brian posts:rofl:
water, granola bars, inflation kit, patches, cheap o muti tool, leatherman, alen keys, I filled a little eye drop bottle with motor oil, plastic bags, phone and sometimes a camera. whistle, home made first aid. and when its at home- gloves, helmet, glasses.
Its alot but I would shoot myself in the foot if I didnt have something.:D Going to get some hangers

I remember Brian from the Monmouth County trail maintenance class I took a while back. When I was riding today, I was telling Jason how during the class, Brian said if anyone has asthma and needs an inhaler, to let him know, if anyone needs snacks, let him know. Wow! Brian, you are nice. I would have said "if you have asthma, and you don't have an inhaler, you are an idiot."

Good thread here - I see quite a few people pack well, so I'll be looking for you!

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I pretty much bring the basics pump,tubes,tools, levers a peice of tube to patch the sredded tire and chain tool with a sram quick link.

Top Bottom