What have you done to your bike today?

rick81721

Lothar
replaced the bar tape on the evo. not exactly even but close enough

20200530_124742.jpg

20200530_131400.jpg

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
Took a couple hours to swap a few of my bikes back after my Everesting.

Stripped Rusty back down and put the SS group back on and put the tubeless Contis.

20200530_185313.jpg

20200530_193241.jpg

Put the freehub body and cages I stole off my Warroad back.

20200530_194825.jpg

20200530_200107.jpg

Then I put the AXS group I stole off Pinky back on. Which now that I think about was dumb because there's literally 2 AXS groups right there that I forgot I had...

20200530_200229.jpg

20200530_202208.jpg

20200530_200300.jpg

I still have to put my Blackborrow back together, but it's not high on my list right now.

jklett

Should i care?
only matters when coasting! (??)

i was thinking about getting the sram driver and bending up a 12sp der...
Only if they feel crunchy/sticky. If it gets too bad you could start dropping the chain.

That's one way to avoid changing freehub bearings.

Dingo

Or they could lock up and suck the chain and RD into the cluster. that would make for some excitment.

Karate Monkey

@Patrick assuming you are not done already, lever the inner sleeve to the side with a long-nose punch/screwdriver/whatever, knock the OUTER bearing out past the threads, remove the internal circlip, knock the inner bearing out.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
@Patrick assuming you are not done already, lever the inner sleeve to the side with a long-nose punch/screwdriver/whatever, knock the OUTER bearing out past the threads, remove the internal circlip, knock the inner bearing out.

Thanks!! It looked like it was just pressed - had me scratching my helmet :D
Will revisit next time - wasn't crunchy, just tight - i cleaned/lubed the one bearing that had the seal exposed.

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
Want to sell one ? Asking for me

I can no sell. The ones I'm running are prototypes and will need to be replaced with the production groups in those boxes. You see in the Timberjack pic it's a non production XX1 cassette.

chris12453

Well guys, I have added again. Already dumped my long travel enduros for a Trail 429 earlier this year with some help from Pivot and i9. Now Pivot has hooked me up again. Meet the newest addition to the Trail and Vault.

Attachments

• phoenix1.jpg
    phoenix1.jpg
    153.4 KB · Views: 89
  • phoenix2.jpg
    phoenix2.jpg
    173.4 KB · Views: 87
Top Bottom