What have you done to your bike today?

mtbiker87

Quick seat post/seat, and stem swap for my SS hardtail. Now she's ready for some laps at the pump track. I love how versatile this old girl is !
20190518_143157.jpg
20190518_141248.jpg

qclabrat

It is a Nicolai Nucleon DH from 01/02. All handbuilt. In the center of the pivot there is a Rohloff speed hub which provides 14 gears. There is little to no pedal induced feedback, but it does weight near 60 pounds. The 13lb Monster T doesn’t help.
Rohloffs are dreamy, what's that hanging on the rear seat tube under the saddle?

Johnny Utah

Rohloffs are dreamy, what's that hanging on the rear seat tube under the saddle?
Not quite sure, but to be honest it pedals just like my Carbon Santa Cruz Nomad did, but this has no bob. It also has an uninterrupted seat tube,
So you could run a large dropper or 350-410mm seaport like I have in there.

As for the Rohloff this is my first one, it is super sweet.

I bought this for a few of the parts, but it is growing on me.

Kaleidopete

So my frame is getting kind of nicked up and looking bad. I found a paint that closely matches and I taped it off and spray painted it so now it's two tone.
I like how it came out, the bike looks 90% better. NOW, I got this clear tape like stuff for cars, it's 5" wide and about 5 ' long. It's a protective tape.
I seem to remember trying it on my car once and I didn't like it because it got air bubbles and was difficult to apply, kind of stiff. and looked like crap.
I know if I do this on my bike it has to go on right the first time, or it will pull off my new paint if I try and reposition it. Has anybody had any luck with a
protective tape like this? Maybe I should buy something new instead of trying to use this stiff stuff I already have.

rick81721

Lothar
So my frame is getting kind of nicked up and looking bad. I found a paint that closely matches and I taped it off and spray painted it so now it's two tone.
I like how it came out, the bike looks 90% better. NOW, I got this clear tape like stuff for cars, it's 5" wide and about 5 ' long. It's a protective tape.
I seem to remember trying it on my car once and I didn't like it because it got air bubbles and was difficult to apply, kind of stiff. and looked like crap.
I know if I do this on my bike it has to go on right the first time, or it will pull off my new paint if I try and reposition it. Has anybody had any luck with a
protective tape like this? Maybe I should buy something new instead of trying to use this stiff stuff I already have.

All Mountain Style makes frame and fork protective film pre cut for various frame locations. Just did my Blur. I used "ape" and some clear. It's thick and protects really well:

zq0007inset_x1024.jpg

20190521_131624.jpg

shrpshtr325

Infinite Source of Sarcasm
Team MTBNJ Halter's
i picked up a roll of 3m paint protection film for the chain and seat stays on my stache (to avoid rubbing the paint off with my heels), went on nice and easy and no air bubbles, there is a nack to it tho to keep air bubbles out.

jklett

I used to work for a vinyl sign shop and we would lightly spray soapy water before applying the material then squeegee it down. If there were any small bubbles we would carefully pop them with a new xacto blade. I would test it somewhere first though, the adhesive on the stuff you have might not be as waterproof as what we had.

qclabrat

i picked up a roll of 3m paint protection film for the chain and seat stays on my stache (to avoid rubbing the paint off with my heels), went on nice and easy and no air bubbles, there is a nack to it tho to keep air bubbles out.
Helicopter tape?

Top Bottom