What have you done to your bike today?

serviceguy

I did this when i put my turbines on the knolly, as they came with a press fit bb30 when i got 'em. I have that tool as well if you cant arrange to meet Juggernaut quicker.
Wait, the Knolly came with press fit BB? I thought they were all threaded! Oh, I get it know, the turbine came with a PF BB...sorry, I just wanted to type Knolly...there, I did it again!

mtbiker87

Wait, the Knolly came with press fit BB? I thought they were all threaded! Oh, I get it know, the turbine came with a PF BB...sorry, I just wanted to type Knolly...there, I did it again!
Exactly. Bought the crankset off here from another forum guy, who's bike was PF, so i needed a threaded BB for 30mm spindle.

Juggernaut

Master of the Metaphor
Put some 30c Tan Wall Vittoria Corsa Control G2.0 on the Synapse.
96BC6798-9F89-43D4-BD1C-511974EA6AFE.jpeg

Refresh the Stan’s and re-gear the SS (still deciding if I should toss the rigid fork on it).
54F3CC16-2CE9-4198-A5A6-A91CF61C99DF.jpeg

Relax with Deadpool 2 and a nice Sour. :)
6E368A82-DE93-4352-BDAE-32CF72986BF8.jpeg

Ian F

Will only “like” if it leads to new bike....:)

Indirectly it will. The incoming funds will help finance the new Megatower I have on order as well as eventually a new road/gravel/touring bike. Right now, I have a bunch of frames in the "need to unload" pile.

I was fondling some of those new TRP cable brakes at Halter's and they feel pretty good for cable brakes. Not quite as good as their cable-hydraulic calipers, but close.

pkovo

New rear brake pads on my fatbike

Changes my Canfield from 29er to 27.5 plus with a set of wheels I snagged off facebook. 2.8” on the rear rubbed under hard pedaling, so swapped it out for a 2.6”. Havent properly tested, ut it feels fantastic tooling around the yard. BB is pretty low though, so we’ll see how it feels on the trail.

If the lowered BB is no bueno, these wheels will likely end up on my Instigator instead. Not sure how I feel about purple hubs yet, but I think they are growing on me.

FC0C345E-BBAF-4DE0-9EC9-D41324241A42.jpeg

oobaa47

finally completed some much needed work:

new shimano ice tech rotors, 203mm front and 180mm rear
new maxxis tires front and rear, high roller 2 3c rear, dhf super tacky front
new deity speedtrap saddle
new spank spike vibrocore bars
new spank spike director stem, 50mm reach
new chain
new crank boots
cut existing seat post down 2 inches
cut bars down to 790mm
front and rear brake bleed

IMG_20190424_174654.jpg

Last edited:

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
finally completed some much needed work:

new shimano ice tech rotors, 203mm front and 180mm rear
new maxxis tires front and rear, high roller 2 3c rear, dhf super tacky front
new deity speedtrap saddle
new spank spike vibrocore bars
new spank spike director stem, 50mm reach
new chain
new crank boots
cut existing seat post down 2 inches
cut bars down to 790mm
front and rear brake bleed

View attachment 93983
What brakes do you run on this beast?

oobaa47

What brakes do you run on this beast?

shimano saint calipers....I have a zee lever and a saint lever.....I broke my lever last year and replaced it with a zee lever.....I believe the only difference is the tool-free adjustibility.....

serviceguy

Assembled most of the the Fug. Unfortunately the rear brake hose was too short by a few centimeters so I had to order it (not carried by LBSs), also the Cinch spindle is too wide for the Hope external BB cups so I had to order spacers as well, hopefully next weekend I should be able to finish up the build. Everything else was easy going, including pressing the headset in using my custom plumbing extraordinaire headset pressing tool. Internal routing was a breaze thanks to the Di2 compartment at the bottom.

Top Bottom