What have you done to your bike today?

rick81721

Lothar
Dropped off the horsethief @ Halters for tune up, new chain, carbon seatpost (should I start a thread on that?), new grips, brake pads, wheel true. Expect all trails to be mush as soon as she's ready

Bike back (still waiting for carbon seatpost). Deathgrips! Such a pleasure to ride this bike again after 3 months of the spearfish, which is basically gentrifying into full rigid - the bike guy in FL who did a tuneup said the fork needs factory service - it's down to less than 3" travel and the rear shock is crap. The horsethief rides like butter ?

IMG_20190411_112814.jpg

qclabrat

Bike back (still waiting for carbon seatpost). Deathgrips! Such a pleasure to ride this bike again after 3 months of the spearfish, which is basically gentrifying into full rigid - the bike guy in FL who did a tuneup said the fork needs factory service - it's down to less than 3" travel and the rear shock is crap. The horsethief rides like butter ?

View attachment 92689
I don't get the 80mm travel on the Spearfish in today's world. Which segment are they after?

Danimal

I was considering a 29" on mine. Did you happen to notice a big difference in stack?
I was expecting the rake to be too much rear biased but surprisingly it feels pretty good. Will have to see how she flies on trail though. I got a great deal on the rim so it was worth the risk

jklett

Just reworked the damper on a fox ctd o/c fork. Man are those things simple! I did the air spring and wipers last week and it still felt sticky so I tore down the damper and a little slick honey and the correct amount of damper fluid(wasn't much in there, must have been a while) and it's as smooth as butter!

qclabrat

Just reworked the damper on a fox ctd o/c fork. Man are those things simple! I did the air spring and wipers last week and it still felt sticky so I tore down the damper and a little slick honey and the correct amount of damper fluid(wasn't much in there, must have been a while) and it's as smooth as butter!
your enthusiasm and detail to attention always impresses me
Let's do a rebuild your fork day this summer. Do you have a dropper?

jklett

your enthusiasm and detail to attention always impresses me
Let's do a rebuild your fork day this summer. Do you have a dropper?
I'm more than willing to help with most things but for anything more than a lower leg oil change I'd seriously recommend bringing it to a shop. It's way too easy to screw things up and if I wreck my stuff that's one thing, I wouldn't want to take the chance with someone else's.

a.s.

Mr. Chainring
Swapped out the shitty-ass rear wheel on my bike with the no name hub that grinds like there’s sand in the bearings ... for a new Stans Arch Mk3. :)

Now I just need to find a matching front wheel. Anyone have a lightly used 27.5 Arch Mk3 (15x100) lying around?

Ian F

Trying a 27.5 on the front of my 26er DHer. Riding on the street feels way more planted and surprisingly more maneuverable. Cant wait to ride it 2 times this whole season!
View attachment 92760

If you decide you want a 27.5 Dorado, let me know. I have one for sale - cheap - as I just sold off my M16C. Did you do anything to limit travel so the tire doesn't bottom out on the crown?

Top Bottom