What have you done to your bike today?

Xler8

I looked at it and added another tick mark....

59D360A2-B4F6-4F9C-89C9-EAC6D3B6E8C9.jpeg

extremedave

Team MTBNJ Halter's
That's imposible if you are talking about Nextie rims because of their deep V-profile
This is correct. The tape was fine, turns out it was the valve core that was leaking. I happened to get the Genuine Innovations repair kit for Xmas which comes with new cores. Problem solved, thanks Alex for making me look around first!

serviceguy

Hopefully fixed for good the issue with my rear derailleur. I wasn't pulling enough when in higher gears. Turns out the cage tension spring had been 'repaired' and under tension slipped out of the retaining hole. I should have caught that one when I installed the OneUp cage. Fortunately I had a spare derailleur handy. Still couldn't make the OOS ride though.

Xler8

I finally got to ride one and made some progress on the new build... BB, crank, derailleur, rear brake (partially) installed. Mocked up the front end. Gonna give the Ribbon a shot and see how it compares to Fox & RockShox.

I cheaped out and only built a rear wheel since I opted to use an existing front wheel, but now that I look at it, it only makes sense to get a matching one for the front. Wtf was I thinking...

3D4D91C1-0C01-4036-9A96-BF671F3632FC.jpeg
D2C56D02-FEF6-4ED5-BE1B-240217D5966E.jpeg
320D6792-EC9D-494B-8A62-27029F5ACAF5.jpeg

Kaleidopete

Patched my rear tire tube. My 2.8 rear tire was flat today when I went to ride,
so I just pumped it up to 14 psi and decided to ride it anyway. To my suprise
I was able to do my whole 9 mile ride and it held. Got home and checked the
pressure, it was still at 7 psi. I thought damn, that's a slow leak. Pulled the tube
and found a very tiny leak right in the middle of the tube and patched it. I
never thought I'd get a whole ride in on that leaker.

qclabrat

I talked to one of my bikes tonight and it wants more speeds.
We're thinking a XT 11speed upgrade. Know that Shimano maxs at 46T, and see Sunrace makes a 50T cassette. So was curious whether I could used a 10speed Goatlink to make the cage clear the 50T cassette? I believe some have been able to make a regular derailleur work but have also read the shifting on the low end could be a bit sloppy.
1547688029054.png

qclabrat

Following the above, is there a bike rule to which color cassette to get?
Given a choice a usually prefer silver over black. Cause I don't like seeing when the cogs wear into a two tone though I know the black hides dirt better.

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
We're thinking a XT 11speed upgrade. Know that Shimano maxs at 46T, and see Sunrace makes a 50T cassette. So was curious whether I could used a 10speed Goatlink to make the cage clear the 50T cassette? I believe some have been able to make a regular derailleur work but have also read the shifting on the low end could be a bit sloppy.
View attachment 85691
Eagle FTW

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Following the above, is there a bike rule to which color cassette to get?
Given a choice a usually prefer silver over black. Cause I don't like seeing when the cogs wear into a two tone though I know the black hides dirt better.

OneUp components makes the RAD cage, which provides more wrap in the smaller cogs when the dinner plate is attached in the back.

i quoted the wrong post, too lazy to fix.

black, always black.

View attachment 85691

qclabrat

Oh yeah, and I finally sold my first 29r today.
Was a little nostalgic to see the Lenz Leviathan go, but it was it hadn't been ridden for about 2 years.
I've sold 5 bikes this year and have 2-3 more to get me to where I'd like to be.
1547688870083.png

qclabrat

OneUp components makes the RAD cage, which provides more wrap in the smaller cogs when the dinner plate is attached in the back.

i quoted the wrong post, too lazy to fix.

black, always black.
website says it's only for 10speed, Even maxing out the B screw, I'm not sure the cage can clear the largest cogs with an extension like the goatlink

Top Bottom