What have you done to your bike today?

qclabrat

what oil are you using on your fork rebuilds? I have 3-4 I'd like to do sequentially. Getting seals and wipes today and like to order in one shot.

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
Mine are RS forks and needed 5w and 15w. For the 5w, used a RS one and for the 15w, I forget the brand but picked it up at a motorcycle shop.

Magic

Formerly 1sh0t1b33r
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Set up the stock cross wheels tubeless with a Stan's tubeless strip for some flat free singletrack and gravel riding. Hoping to pick up a set of cheap tubulars for cross and just have these as a backup and everyday wheelset.
IMG_8544.JPG

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I straightened my mangled hanger, swapped out the rear derailleur, and replaced the shifter cable on my Fatboy. This is more work than all other maintenance that I've done on this bike, combined. We'll see how it goes when I try to ride it, but it seems to be shifting perfectly normal. It's almost like I knew what I was doing, and I didn't watch a couple of youtube videos and wing it.

Kaleidopete

I went to swap out my rear wheel with a new one I had built up. I wanted to check that everything lined up right.
As I lifted up the rear it was clunking, I thought what's that. Wow, the rear wheel was loose,
the through axle lock lever was just flopping loose. I gotta remember to check that once in a while.
I installed the new wheel and everything lines up fine. I peddled the crank around and saw he chain was jumping
off the gear and then falling back making a clunk. Figured I'd check derailer adjustment.
The adjustment screw wasn't even touching. A few turns ans all is well. I put the old wheel back on and re-checked.
Everything is good now. I really need to check things over more often.

Last edited:

TonyC

Added 4oz of Stans after pulled a big booger from flat last weekend
Added 4oz to rear for safe measure

Attachments

• IMG_2175.JPG
    IMG_2175.JPG
    132.9 KB · Views: 93

Mr.Moto

Man.... Not a lot of clearance there!!!

Biggest concern using the Fox 34 Boost is enough width. The new B fat tire on a WTB i45 has the most gap. The Minion 26x4 on the 70mm rim shown narrows the gap a bit. Prior to the Minion I had a Van Helga which took up the most space with about 3/16" gap on either side. It worked fine, but wouldn't be able to fit the little mud flap.

Chris Nordt

What kind of an upgrade are u looking to do?

Picking up a lighter wheel set, not a ton of options in 26" w/rim brakes but there is enough to get something nice. I debated on doing a disk conversion on the Yeti, but I really have no issues with rim brakes and I wanted to put more street friendly tires on a set of wheels so i can just swap the wheels out and go from road to trail.

hotsauce

I got my cross bike mostly ready for spring gravel riding (HoH, MKF, and Fools Classic). Swapped over my road saddle, put on 28c Michelin Pro4 Endurance tires, bottle cages, and road pedals. I still left the 40t chainring on for now, debating a power meter soon so I'll sort it out in the next few weeks. Bike also contains leftover cyclocross mud that will go away this weekend when it's warm enough to wash a bike.
IMG_2798.JPG

Top Bottom