What have you done to your bike today?

Chris(NJ)

(I feel like I'm starting a whole bunch of threads lately lol). Anyway, thought this was a fun way to track your maintenance, tweaks, upgrades, whatever on your rides.

I'll start it out.

I took the cartridges out of the front suspension today. Cleaned them up, re-greased where necessary and installed/(trying) a faster rebound adjuster. I also tweaked the the front rotor b/c it was a little out of whack. I guess I must have hit something, but its back in line now and not rubbing nearly as bad as it was a week ago :)

Robin

I looked at my road bike...thought about putting it back on the trainer...but decided "eh, I'll suck it up and ride"...cleaned my chain and cassette. Will head out tomorrow.

soulchild

today I sat on them...

but last week I took off the chain and cassette and cleaned the six... put new rings on the cx and new bars on both mtb's...

Last edited:

soundz

The Hat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Nothing today. But yesterday, I took off the cassette on my roadie and ran it through the ultrasonic cleaner. Put a new chain on it. It was shifting funny so was having a tough time with it. I run 10 speed campy shifters and 9 speed shimano rd. Thought about ordering a j-tek shiftmate. Turns out I was doing the hubbub cable routing wrong. Fixed the ghetto routing technique and got it to work good enough.

While some of the parts were off, I cleaned the whole bike. It will probably get all grimy again after Sat.

Also I went to Campmor to buy some 25c tires, but they don't have any, so looks like I'll just run my 23c tires for HOH. Bought some clearance gloves while I was there.

olegbabich

Not today, but last week I was truing my rear wheel and my spoke nipples were very tight, so they were just shearing off. Now I’m looking for a new back wheel. Mavic proprietary spokes suck.:mad:

On other hand I cannot blame anyone but myself for making them tight.:cry:

smh5star

Bike 1, cleaned, adjusted chain, lubbed, cut down seat post, put on new computer...crake calipers need to be rebuild, that's next.

smh5star

Bike 2: swapped tires, new tubless, cleaned, degreased and lubed chain, changed from suspension fork to rigid, tuned 1x9...

wclambjr

New Chris King hubs, DT Swiss rim, and DT spokes, Carbon fiber seat post, Race face bar and stem, Lizard skin grips, Selle seat, and changed from cable to hydraulic brakes. Hope to get new Hope brakes next year.

JohneeOxford

Shop: Marty's, H-Town
Shop Keep
I completely stripped my SS of parts..... installed new headset, cranks, bars, grips, tires, saddle, chain, and today it gets new BB7s and some purty white cable housing..... just need some good weather to ride it in and I'll be all set!

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I completely stripped my SS of parts..... installed new headset, cranks, bars, grips, tires, saddle, chain, and today it gets new BB7s and some purty white cable housing..... just need some good weather to ride it in and I'll be all set!

Taking advantage of your new found glory I see?

1speed

Incredibly profound yet fantastically flawed
Not today, but last week I was truing my rear wheel and my spoke nipples were very tight, so they were just shearing off. Now I’m looking for a new back wheel. Mavic proprietary spokes suck.:mad:

On other hand I cannot blame anyone but myself for making them tight.:cry:

I had this problem with my wheels, too -- in fact, I've broken a spoke at least once a month for the last year. I suppose I should just rebuild them entirely, but I haven't taken the time yet. I am, however, becoming a master at trail-side jerry-rigs. Just the other night, I broke another front wheel spoke, and within about two minutes, I had wrapped the broken one around it's neighbor to keep it out of trouble, and loosened the opposing tension on either side to keep it as true as possible. I rode another 12 miles and didn't even see the smallest wobble until the very end of the ride. :D

Top Bottom