What have you done to your bike today?

Karate Monkey

New Pike? I've heard that they are shipped with not nearly enough oil compared to spec.
This is true of most forks sadly . You'd think spending 1k would at least get you a properly assembled fork , but it doesn't.

100% bet that assembly of the fork doesn't include soaking foam rings. 5-7ml of oil will easily suck into the foam rings if they're dry.

Ejd

20220917_143906.jpg

20220916_225708.jpg
20220916_225746.jpg

Repurposed the old Rock Hopper as a new campus cruiser for m y son

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Installed a magnet for the Rise's speed sensor.

don't fit...
52382094359_35dd255b5d_z.jpg

52382094369_08e73f630a_z.jpg

52380847202_6e0a46c498_z.jpg

if you really want a specific torque, it is just force X the perpendicular distance.
Grab you scale, measure from the center of the ring to where you hook the scale on the wrench in meters,
pull at a right angle until the "weight" x distance = what you want. (you can make the distance a whole number - that helps))

Wait - hey @shrpshtr325 - can we use a scale for force? ie we measure in kg? it knows that it is working with gravity to get mass.
but we need a newton, not kgf - put the scale in pounds and do that 4.45 newton conversion?

:burp: (yes, 1 beer)

serviceguy

if you really want a specific torque, it is just force X the perpendicular distance.
Grab you scale, measure from the center of the ring to where you hook the scale on the wrench in meters,
pull at a right angle until the "weight" x distance = what you want. (you can make the distance a whole number - that helps))

Wait - hey @shrpshtr325 - can we use a scale for force? ie we measure in kg? it knows that it is working with gravity to get mass.
but we need a newton, not kgf - put the scale in pounds and do that 4.45 newton conversion?

:burp: (yes, 1 beer)
Or, and I maybe going out on a limb here, just get a torque wrench.

#yougotthispatrick

Bikeworks

I cleaned my drivetrain after my second ride this weekend. Normally I inspect after every ride, but failed to do so yesterday. Anyway, found this on my XTR cassette, went ahead and ordered an XT replacement. I've never seen anything like this before, wondering if I shouldn't make a warranty defect claim?

68581965875__A3120165-6D01-4C47-9DB4-D448943EC67E.JPG

Cassinonorth

I cleaned my drivetrain after my second ride this weekend. Normally I inspect after every ride, but failed to do so yesterday. Anyway, found this on my XTR cassette, went ahead and ordered an XT replacement. I've never seen anything like this before, wondering if I shouldn't make a warranty defect claim?

View attachment 196918

It may be worth the try at your local shop to see if they'll put in the claim for you but I wouldn't expect to get anything though.

Karate Monkey

View attachment 196918

Probably. XTR falls under a 3-year warranty. As long as you (read: your shop) are confident that it wasn't abused into that state, they will 100% warranty that.

Ryan.P

Team MTBNJ Halter's
I'm probably going back to cables tbh. The clutch on AXS derailleurs are not nearly strong enough.
It's not the clutch . It slaps against b-tension adjuster . I modify the mounting bolt to have more resistance to make chain slap at least on par with cable versions

Top Bottom