What have you done to your bike today?

serviceguy

I take the cassette off directly on to a long zip tie. Keeping the loop very loose and drop the whole thing into the ultrasound cleaner..... after a dunk n shake in mineral spirits that is. let’s me get everything clean w/out futzing with putting the pieces back together.
What ultrasound cleaner are you using to fit the whole cassette in it? My 11-46 or 10-50 would not fit in my HF special.

Juggernaut

Master of the Metaphor
What ultrasound cleaner are you using to fit the whole cassette in it? My 11-46 or 10-50 would not fit in my HF special.
Full disclosure, I use the US cleaner mostly on my road bike parts. However, I have tossed my XT 11 speed cassette in (but that’s only a 40t) and just for show and tell, this is an old (original) XX1 42t cassette. I’m m about 2t over Max fill but I’d risk it.

CB07D056-7FEE-4C12-98C6-8FDB9DD4A73C.jpeg
D6A6FCA2-527D-4450-92C8-4C5EE0B18368.jpeg

jackx

I just have a cheapo one from harbor freight. 85 bucks without any coupons but you can always find a 20 percent off one online. I put the chain in By itself and ran it through 3 cycles . The water was absolutely gross and I emptied it between the second and third cycle but it got out all the gunk in the crevices and moves completely freely. That's the solution I use works great and won't harm the metal View attachment 151447View attachment 151448View attachment 151449
Didn't know Simple Green is supplied in other colors. My Simple Green (recently purchased) is green. Mabe your Simple Green is purple because its a heavy-duty concentration.

Over the Bars

Didn't know Simple Green is supplied in other colors. My Simple Green (recently purchased) is green. Mabe your Simple Green is purple because its a heavy-duty concentration.
The regular green stuff is more corrosive and can do a number on aluminum components. The purple one is safe for all metals.

Kaleidopete

Two new calipers today, they come with new pads and they were under warranty, because I had them both replaced nine months ago and they have a two year warranty. Shimano duel pucks. They were leaking ever so slightly which got on the pads and caused my brake squeak. LBS did the replacement both times. I also got a new front spoke installed, it got lost somewhere along the way. I think it stinks that Shimano doesn't pay labor to the LBS, only free parts. I gave the LBS $60 to cover the spoke & calipers labor, hope I didn't insult them, I'm kinda outa touch with repair costs.

serviceguy

Full disclosure, I use the US cleaner mostly on my road bike parts. However, I have tossed my XT 11 speed cassette in (but that’s only a 40t) and just for show and tell, this is an old (original) XX1 42t cassette. I’m m about 2t over Max fill but I’d risk it.

View attachment 151483View attachment 151482
Placed an offer for $85 on an eBay $93.4 sale of the same 10L that sells mostly for $124...they charge $11 for shipping, I'm expecting a counteroffer at $90, still slightly a bargain...will report back.

Top Bottom