What have you done to your bike today?

Hey, I forgot to order rims. And I forgot to buy a brake.

20220718_195714.jpg

I'm actually impressed to see it has the tapered HT. A few years back I recalled a Walgoose with decent parts and the tapered frame for about 700 which was like a Cadillac there
The HT may be tapered but more than likely the forks were straight.

Last edited:
Worked this weekend so took the afternoon off. Today was chain waxing day. But found something odd. Has anyone had their self extracting crank nut work its way loose off the crank set? I noticed this while I was pulling the chain.
View attachment 190606
View attachment 190607
I’ve been waxing with silca for a month or so now. It’s working well for me. I can get 70- 100 miles out of one waxing. It’s been pretty dry obviously so I’m thinking it’ll be a bit less in the fall. How’s it working for you?

I’ve been waxing with silca for a month or so now. It’s working well for me. I can get 70- 100 miles out of one waxing. It’s been pretty dry obviously so I’m thinking it’ll be a bit less in the fall. How’s it working for you?
I have been doing this for about a year now. I’m getting about 100 miles for MTBs and 300-400 for other bikes. I guess 8-12 rides. I have two chains per bike and when they begin to squeak I switch it out to the other one. When they both squeak I pour boiling water over both of them let them dry and then rewax both. It has been going very well. It is definitely more labor-intensive than lubricating the chain, and I don’t really care about a few watts saved. Supposedly drivetrains won’t wear nearly as fast, it’s quiet and it’s clean. Don’t mind pulling the wheels off and throwing into the back of the SUV if I’m riding then going out. More secure, no noob tattoos on me or the car interior.

Musical forks. Crown Race off the S-Works fork onto the Enve, Enve fork onto the S-Works frame, Enve race onto the stock SIX13 fork and installed that back on the Cannondale. Took off the fixed Cogs to make the SIX13 SS. Ordered an expensive caliper for the S-Works. Still didn't order rims because I spent that money on a brake caliper...

20220719_095717.jpg

can anyone confirm a BB90 mtb crank can use a Shimano BSA BB? The interwebz is all over the place, some say that its compatible, while some say the bearing sizes are different. I believe BB90s are also 24mm, and the 90 is just the BB width, so why does bearing size matter? @Karate Monkey will know as BB90 is a Trek thing

new chain on the mtb todat,

new tape and valve on the rear wheel of the roadie yesterday it would randomly go flat in a couple hours time, would hold long enough to get a good ride in without trouble, but annoying enough that it needed fixed.

Back
Top Bottom