What have you done to your bike today?

Karate Monkey

I’m just being a big baby. I’ve done a zillion Shimano bleeds w/out issue but this DOT fluid stuff wigs me out. Stupid micro bubble crap.

If you've got a brake vacuum pump, pour the dot into a pressure vessel and pump it down until it starts outgassing, then leave it for a bit. Come back/fill the syringes.

If you don't, you can use a quickdraw clamp that can be assembled to spread, then fix the top of the syringe to one side/the plunger to the other, and do the same thing.

Dusty the Whale

Mr.Chainsaw
J sent me this picture today.

My 27.5+ carbon Chameleon went in for a warranty claim and now it's a 2022 alloy 29er. The fine folks at Halter's built a set of Reserve carbon jawns on i9 101 hubs w/ Pirelli Scorpion tires... got a new dropper lever too.

I'm going to have a set of 27.5+ Stan's Baron CB7 wheels for sale very soon.
image-min.jpg (1239).jpeg

JonF

Straighten out the derailleur hanger on one of my bikes to fix the wonky shifting I've been experience. Won't know how I did until I get to ride on a actual trial. Street riding doesn't reveal anything.
One of the best specialty bike tools I ever bought was a derailleur hanger alignment/ tweaking tool. Twice now a slightly tweaked hanger was the cause of all my shifting woes. It's Not just for post crash tweaking, even hangers new out of the Box are never perfect.

tonyride

Don't piss off the red guy
One of the best specialty bike tools I ever bought was a derailleur hanger alignment/ tweaking tool. Twice now a slightly tweaked hanger was the cause of all my shifting woes. It's Not just for post crash tweaking, even hangers new out of the Box are never perfect.
Yup, I got mine a couple of years ago and has come in handy a few times.

iman29

This bike has been in the household for a few years but it’s been used very little and is like new since my middle son wasn’t able to ride it much after I bought it due to medical reasons.

Passing it down to Zach now and getting it ready for Mtbnjam.

He picked out new grips and I upgraded the tires to something a little wider and slightly more aggressive since the stock GR2s are more like gravel trail tires (2.2 to 2.35). Forgot
I even had these on a shelf I bought them off someone here years ago.

I have some Chester race face pedals I can install but being he hasn’t ridden this bike much I am gonna hold off so he doesn’t shred his legs with the pins and see how it goes.

5946955F-B5EA-41CD-8AE1-7CCCAC518248.jpeg
7E4E7F11-FE52-4A81-90C8-2A30855FAA12.jpeg
CC648277-CFEC-4545-B8AA-8D28BEB6CE62.jpeg
4C125ACD-7ECF-4803-9936-57956EBDEBC5.jpeg

djm

This bike has been in the household for a few years but it’s been used very little and is like new since my middle son wasn’t able to ride it much after I bought it due to medical reasons.

Passing it down to Zach now and getting it ready for Mtbnjam.

He picked out new grips and I upgraded the tires to something a little wider and slightly more aggressive since the stock GR2s are more like gravel trail tires (2.2 to 2.35). Forgot
I even had these on a shelf I bought them off someone here years ago.

I have some Chester race face pedals I can install but being he hasn’t ridden this bike much I am gonna hold off so he doesn’t shred his legs with the pins and see how it goes.

View attachment 186623View attachment 186624View attachment 186625View attachment 186626I
I also had a set of rampage tires sitting around for years until I mounted it on the front of my rigid SS last month. Turned out to be a decent tire. Decent traction all around and rolls well.

iman29

I also had a set of rampage tires sitting around for years until I mounted it on the front of my rigid SS last month. Turned out to be a decent tire. Decent traction all around and rolls well.
Cool good to know !

Top Bottom