What have you done to your bike today?

Fully enduro'd up for the first Creek day tomorrow Assegai front/WTB trail boss rear
IMG_20210905_205619_01 (1).jpg

IMG_20210905_205619_02 (1).jpg

Fixed a flat on one of my daughters BMX race bikes. Bent the wheel back into shape and trued it up. Not exactly sure when she banged the rim up, but guessing this might have been the incident on the top right.

That was a rough day for her, but Magnet Bob was in position with his camera for her crashing out of both mains.

D0A4D337-3A6F-4593-A49C-436F4C206424.jpeg

Last edited:
I de-Brained the SID fork on my hardtail, went with a Charger 2 Race Day damper, what a huge difference. Amazing how much more plush a 100mm fork can be. The Brain was all rattly an really didn't offer much in rebound adjustment.

Maybe buy a bike rack

I bought this car 8 years ago and figured I would install a hitch and get a rack for it, but I just like having it inside the car all the time. This thru axle lasted 14,900 miles, so I guess if I have to replace it, I can't really be that upset about it.

I bought this car 8 years ago and figured I would install a hitch and get a rack for it, but I just like having it inside the car all the time. This thru axle lasted 14,900 miles, so I guess if I have to replace it, I can't really be that upset about it.
If you don’t give that car some love it’s the next one to say F off

Pfff, cars are even dumber than bikes.
If I knew where you live I would probably sneak in at night and clean your car and you bike, I get anxiety attacks every time you post a picture of your stuff. Well, almost every time. Thankfully Cream Puff gets a better treatment, but I suspect your wife has something to do with it!

Short version answer is not to overtighten the big aluminum bolt and then pound on its extremities, it may break after a while.

Last edited:
So I took a look at my broken thru axle bolt in the light of day, and it turns out, unsurprisingly, that I'm just an idiot that doesn't know anything about bikes. The bolt didn't break, the piece that it screws into that is supposed to stay in the fork leg simply unscrewed itself and popped out. It's all good now.

So I took a look at my broken thru axle bolt in the light of day, and it turns out, unsurprisingly, that I'm just an idiot that doesn't know anything about bikes. The bolt didn't break, the piece that it screws into that is supposed to stay in the fork leg simply unscrewed itself and popped out. It's all good now.
Red loctite will do the trick there. Count me an idiot as well, it was quite obvious from the pictures now that I actually look at them on a regular screen.

Back
Top Bottom