What have you done to your bike today?

iman29

Last effort to resurrect my blown out rear hub on the road bike wheel. Paid extra shipping to get it sooner than later from BikeINN.com.

Hoping it fits. 🤞🏻

View attachment 155348

Update : it fit perfectly and the wheel is back up and running. Can’t take credit for the work but I learned a lot and I can easily see what was wrong with it. Just glad the part was a match and I didn’t have to send it back and buy new wheels. hope it lasts another 15k miles.

Full test ride planned tmw.

5BD4289B-3826-4227-BEF8-A550CFC0767A.jpeg
CEE41514-0174-4C04-8BD2-0307C306888F.jpeg

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
Update : it fit perfectly and the wheel is back up and running. Can’t take credit for the work but I learned a lot and I can easily see what was wrong with it. Just glad the part was a match and I didn’t have to send it back and buy new wheels. hope it lasts another 15k miles.

Full test ride planned tmw.

View attachment 155601View attachment 155602

That freehub has seen better days. Is that the original?

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
Al immediately creates aluminum oxide when expose to air. It is harder than the base metal. Doesn't change with water or dirt. No need to coat.
as @serviceguy noted, it will change with different exposure, if anyone had a raw al or even polished, eventually it looks like crap

serviceguy

Or do nothing and just let it be awesome.
Honestly, more than the patina I was concerned about scratches when I decided to wrap it, even though the invisaframe frame specific wrap is a far cry (in terms of protection) from the 3M 18milI've used on the Mukluk (which really looks like crap) and the El Mariachis. Selling the fugitive maybe an option at some point, but if I don't it maybe eventually get powder coated once I get bored of the raw look.

iman29

That freehub has seen better days. Is that the original?
yes thats the old/original one. I guess I logged over 15K miles on it based on when I got the wheels. Never had any signs it was going bad until it just went bad on a ride one day and i was basically freewheeling.

Had to order the replacement off some web site/parts place in Spain as Vision told me they dont have it any more. New parts worked perfect.

JonF

Wanted to try a coil on the NP Giga. Was considering an Avalanche tuned Fox Van RC or an EXT Storia. Avy said 6-8 week minimum backlog whereas EXT said we have them on the shelf. Well, 8 weeks later because while the shock was in stock, the springs/perches were not, it ended up a wash (though a bit more money for the EXT). Eagerly awaiting opening day at creek!

IMG_20210409_144403.jpg

Dusty the Whale

Mr.Chainsaw
My bike started making an EMBARRASSINGLY LOUD noise Saturday at 6mr. I think some grease where the HS sits and steer tube fixed it... it was kinda dry when I took it apart.

After I greased it the noise was there but not nearly as loud and Sunday there was no noise at all. I won't know if its fixed until I ride it. I didn't want to take it to Halter's and be like "I swear it was making a noise yesterday 🤡"

Last edited:

pygmypony

Running the ZIPP Moto wheelset on this so not a lot of options for color. Probably swap on a purple AbsoluteBLACK ring and purple iSSi pedals when my actual crank comes in. This Quarq is borrowed from my Timberjack.
is that a dropper on the reeb? that's not your typical MO is it?

Top Bottom