What have you done to your bike today?

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
dont you have a shockwiz? use the damn thing!

I do own one...
Can’t. Get. Past. Steerer. Tube. Length. Please cut then repost.
:confused:

Funny Story today - as everything seated, the top cap bottomed out when i tried to reset the pre-load. Of course the one remaining spacer I own is
sitting in my tool box. The top is cap bottoming on the carbon steerer tube plug - so i flip the top cap, and re-tension.
Didn't take a picture - too embarrassing. Will cut after a few rides - i was right at the top of the old fork - think i'm going up 5 or 10.

Thank you! Good effort, but the Maxxis decals don’t match...good enough to delay head ecxplosion though.

Looks like fun. Reminds me I need to switch mine to 29+ wheels, so get ready for snowmageddon soon after!

Wasn't sure i could sleep ;)

IMG_7768.png

Also cleaned the bike today.

Last edited:

serviceguy

I do own one...

Funny Story today - as everything seated, the top cap bottomed out when i tried to reset the pre-load. Of course the one remaining spacer I own is
sitting in my tool box. Since the top is cap bottoming on the carbon steerer tube plug - so i flip the top cap, and re-tension.
Didn't take a picture - too embarrassing. Will cut after a few rides - i was right at the top of the old fork - think i'm going up 5 or 10.

View attachment 154267

Wrong color, even though matches the frame...you’re so close, and yet...

serviceguy

I do own one...

sitting in my tool box. Since the top is cap bottoming on the carbon steerer tube plug - so i flip the top cap, and re-tension.

View attachment 154267

Jokes aside, how does it ride?

serviceguy

Switched the fat bike to 29x3.0 and installed the FatHugger front fender. Unfortunately the combination of the two makes it look kind of weird, the fender is so much larger than the tires.

I maybe taking the fender off once we're in the dry season.

Waiting on the MudHugger EVO Shorty to be available, the syncros trail fender I installed on the Fugitive, while being perfect for the Fox 36, is a complete fail at stopping mud.

serviceguy

Replaced the cracked wolftooth roadlink on my daughters rig with some generic one from amazon. Probably temporary but cant beat next day shipping.

The road link cracked while she was practicing jumps with a neighbor on his skate ramps so I’m smiling

View attachment 154472View attachment 154473
Are you sure you need that extra link there? I'm not familiar with SRam but that derailleur looks kind of dangling in there...

Top Bottom