What have you done to your bike today?

Reworked my kids race bikes to better fit her new size. New Bars, stems, moved spacers etc. Basically made the riders area as similar as possible between them since she'll be swapping back and forth from one moto to the next. The cruiser is definitely short, so as band aid I'm using a longer than ideal stem and rolling the bars forward a touch. Hoping she can get a season out of them, but I'm definitely keeping one eye out for deals on frames one size up.

View attachment 152111
Cruiser and Class racing....same here.

They make chinese diesel heaters for heating the van. Maybe route some pipes to the water system in from the heater?
Those are effective as heaters, but there is no coolant involved in their operation. For what I want to do, the diesel boiler's main function will be for coolant to water heat exchangers for the sink and shower water. The ability to preheat the engine coolant is really just a side benefit. And while I may do some early Spring and late Fall biking trips, I don't anticipate needing heat in the van very often.

Last edited:
New tires for the sled. Gumwall because that’s what all the cool kids are running these day. 😎

81D28C38-1D25-4B1B-82B0-1D66168A16BE.jpeg

FCC16B7B-6715-4646-B4C5-8E35073E7DA5.jpeg

They make chinese diesel heaters for heating the van. Maybe route some pipes to the water system in from the heater?

Made my old trance 26/27.5 mullet. Test rode it and I like the result. I just need a dropper and it will be a trail ripper. Also need a nicer carbon rear wheel. Any one have one in there pile?
Been trying to talk my buddy into this! He has a 2011 and it’s a steep as heck HA.

Put on the new Flows. Slight buyers remorse. They were a great deal on close out from chain reaction, just a fair amount of cash. I always get twitchy spending real money.
Oh well. It’s done now!

203 front rotor, I think it’ll stop the Earth's rotation.
2BAFE50C-3766-42C5-846A-A5324EA50819.jpeg

Speaking of oil slick, Amazon Ti bolt kit. Needed hardware anyway and they were the same price as stock Shimano. I’ll let you know if they kill me.

65B479C2-35EB-4460-834E-C0101B922335.jpeg

Last edited:
I. Can't. Get. Past. That. Seat. Angle. o_O
There's a reason for everything.

There's a reason for everything.
Ouch. :oops: Carry on then.

Ouch. :oops: Carry on then.
Not trying to bust your balls (hahaha get it?!) but it does seem to help. If it ride someone else's bike with the nose slightly up it feels like it's "all up in there". Funny, it started with buying the Heckler's old Epic and stuck from there.

Maybe not an official bike mod but since theres no trail riding around here for the foreseeable future I gave the indoor trainer a mountain feel. Swapped the pedals, wedged a bar up front and adjusted the settings to match my bike as closely as possible. It's much better now.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-02-25 at 10.53.07 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-02-25 at 10.53.07 AM.png
    879.5 KB · Views: 82
Back
Top Bottom