What have you done to your bike today?

Not exactly today, but I finished repairing a cracked frame that I picked up on here for free (I'm not much of a welder....). I then survived the test ride.

Attachments

• IMG_1873.JPG
    IMG_1873.JPG
    97.4 KB · Views: 122
  • IMG_1869.JPG
    IMG_1869.JPG
    224.8 KB · Views: 131

Zudnik

BTW, not really giving up. Just annoyed with myself over a few too many screwups lately. Figured I dropped so much on parts that maybe having it done right makes sense. Did get my new wheelset from Dave Thomas today though. He built me a set 2002 for my last bike and I still have them.

EJphotos

Installed new tires and tubes and new rear pads on my Haro Mirra 540 Air.
Old tires had a stretched bead and would not stay seated on the rims:

20200928_221342.jpg

The new tires are Kink BMX tires. Very sticky compound lol:

20200928_234450.jpg
20200928_235501.jpg

Here are the new Eagle Claw pads:

20200928_233700.jpg

Cleaned it up a bit too:

20200928_235538.jpg

It rides really nice now. Still for sale, but I may take it to the skate park some day just to mess around. Don't know if I'll be able to do any tricks like I did 20 years ago when this was brand new.

Kaleidopete

New parts day today.
New 203mm brake rotors by Galfer, they look pretty good and a good price. $35 ea.
New brake pads by Gekor, again they look good and a good price $7
New tires by Maxxis, Minion 27.5 x 2.8 $53. Ea
I bought all this stuff off the internet because LBS doesn’t have any of it and they say the stuff is back ordered.
The most amazing part is the tires I bought from England. $53 each and free shipping and delivered in four days! WTF!
Tires come with a nice backpack bag too one for each tire.
So that was my afternoon

Dsc05133.jpg

Dsc05132.jpg

1speed

Incredibly profound yet fantastically flawed
Since I'm still without a functioning MTB, I've been riding my Routt as if it were an MTB a bit more lately. I've ridden some pretty chunky stuff out at Green Lane (or I should say, I've ridden what I can of it - I'm just not good enough on a drop bar bike to ride some of the really chunky stuff.) And last week, I rode some of Middle Run and Fair Hill on it and decided to get some beefier tires. I've been running 35mm Michelin Power Gravel tires so I switched it up to 44 mm WTB Riddlers. Just put them on this afternoon, and I'll test them out tomorrow (heading to Michaux to do the old IC course.) They look so much beefier than the 35s! The max clearance on a Routt RSL is 45mm, so I'm pushing on that (the Routt 45 fits up to 50mm, but that's not what I have.) Hoping this will let me get my singletrack fix locally ...

IMG_2472.jpeg

IMG_2471.jpeg

Karate Monkey

Been waiting a while for mint Deftrap pedals to come back in stock. Finally! Matching grips and pedals to mint accents on the Furtado.

View attachment 141229

I like mine quite a bit after getting used to them. After riding Chesters for so long, I got used to a cupped foot, and would slip off over chunky stuff for several weeks. Doesn't happen anymore.

I did manage to bust off one of those plastic pins in the inboard side, though. Not sure why they even molded them on the pedal.

Top Bottom