What have you done to your bike today?

Mr.Moto

Rebuilding the B-Fat rear hub with fresh bearings.

20FD5715-8986-4869-9A41-239AF1AA5526.jpeg

GreenMachine

I’m building a Salsa Fargo ... Steel
Moving all the components from the Cannondale 105 - love both bikes but the comfort / seat positioning - stack of the Fargo is entirely different. Should look like this exactly.

Attachments

• 6C677BB5-B19A-426D-83F4-E337297AFEA1.jpeg
    6C677BB5-B19A-426D-83F4-E337297AFEA1.jpeg
    173.5 KB · Views: 95
Last edited:

Mathers

I plan to do some service to my wheels. Does the rim tape have a life span and if so how do you know what size you need.

one piece crank

Ok, so I was working a trade show in Las Vegas. Came out the weekend before, spent some time out in the hills, really enjoying the climate and scenery, I just really wished I had my bike. Middle of the week I call-in to the office and am told, “things are really going nuts around here, huge lines at Costco et al, store shelves wiped clean, just like a zombie movie”. I was kinda confused, because a day earlier I had grocery shopped in LV and didn’t see a run on anything?!

serviceguy

Ok, so I was working a trade show in Las Vegas. Came out the weekend before, spent some time out in the hills, really enjoying the climate and scenery, I just really wished I had my bike. Middle of the week I call-in to the office and am told, “things are really going nuts around here, huge lines at Costco et al, store shelves wiped clean, just like a zombie movie”. I was kinda confused, because a day earlier I had grocery shopped in LV and didn’t see a run on anything?!
Ah, ok. I get it now. And I do too.

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
1st deer park 500' from car
20200314_130144.jpg

Go to bike shop get a new chain.

Drive to Tilcon.
Climb to the top start my payoff 500' in
20200314_144315.jpg

Not one bubble of stans no tube no pump
Walk of shame
Stare at tilcon lake below and decide to Bush wack direct except its rock face and steep AF. Still was quicker even after a good tuck and roll with bike.
20200314_145452.jpg

Still beats a day of work

qclabrat

Finally got to demo the new Box One drivetrain. The build is decent, but light years behind the two bigs in clean lines and asthetics. The shifter looked huge out of the box but once mounted and tucked under the brake lever, never noticed it. The shifter was a bit stiff clicking through gears, but expect it to loosen after a few rides. The cassette is a Sunrace 50T branded as a Box Two and the quality as expected which is very good. Not sure who makes their chain but it was fairly light. At $160 a great deal for the four pieces. I'll probably also get the 46T version for $140 for a back up.
IMG_20200314_160311.jpg

MannyL358

Finally finished my 1st full custom HT today. It's a 2020 Commencal Meta. I went with i9 Hydras on EX3s 29s, King headset and BB, XT 1x12 drivetrain and breaks, Fox 36, Renthal stem and carbon bar, PNW Bachelor post, Ergon grips and saddle, and Minion rubber. She fits me like a glove and I can't wait for her maiden ride tomorrow.

Meta-1.jpg
Meta-3.jpg
Meta-2.jpg

Soundguy

#SenditGuy
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Finally finished my 1st full custom HT today. It's a 2020 Commencal Meta. I went with i9 Hydras on EX3s 29s, King headset and BB, XT 1x12 drivetrain and breaks, Fox 36, Renthal stem and carbon bar, PNW Bachelor post, Ergon grips and saddle, and Minion rubber. She fits me like a glove and I can't wait for her maiden ride tomorrow.

View attachment 121693View attachment 121694View attachment 121695
Yeessssss finally some Commencal love in here. I’m dying to build a hardtail to go with my Meta 4.2.

Top Bottom