What have you done to your bike today?

serviceguy

65BD2828-E1B3-4598-AA9C-FFDF17CFB9C5.jpeg
Looks like crap, the color is nowhere near to match the original but it’s smooth to the nail test and the forks seems to work fine. Full squish is ready for the group ride and more crashing at Deer Park!

Mtbdog

As long as it doesn't affect seal performance you shouldn't worry. If you're looking at the fork when your riding your bound to crash again. If it just looks bad to the eye get a fork boot to cover it and maybe next time that won't happen and boot will protect it.

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Went to swap out broken next sl crankset with new turbine only to realized that my 190 rear fatbike doesn't use 190 crank spindle but a 170, duh... packaged back up and going back. So since I have this out, i punched out the BB to run dropper post cable and install the fox transfer post I have had for 2 years laying around. Go to install wolf tooth lever only to find out that it's mount is for Shimano only, FML... Start looking for new lever and shocked by the cost for a stupid lever, what a fucking rip off.
So now I sit and wait for parts to go back and reship, ugh...

BPaze

Went to swap out broken next sl crankset with new turbine only to realized that my 190 rear fatbike doesn't use 190 crank spindle but a 170, duh... packaged back up and going back. So since I have this out, i punched out the BB to run dropper post cable and install the fox transfer post I have had for 2 years laying around. Go to install wolf tooth lever only to find out that it's mount is for Shimano only, FML... Start looking for new lever and shocked by the cost for a stupid lever, what a fucking rip off.
Get a problem solver this way you can just use the same wolftooth lever.

rick81721

Lothar
slow leak in the Blur's rear tire. Re-did the sealant and seems to be holding. Apparently sealant doesn't last as long down here, especially if the bike sits in a hot garage for extended periods.

serviceguy

Why do you need a 190 spindle? Is the turbine crank narrower than the SL?

I have a spare clamp mount for the Wolftooth dropper lever if you want to go that route, I'll let you have it along with a 190 spindle in exchange for a a set of Kashima stanchions...

Last edited:

Dingo

They sell different mounts using same lever.

serviceguy

How'd you scratch it that far up in the first place? I've gotten the fork lower down but never that high
I went down sideways like a bag of potatoes while basically still, right after clearing a skinny bridge, a big rock was in the way of the stanchion... I guess I had exhausted my ability to focus on basic motion skills such as extend a foot to one side to prevent the fall...

Last edited:

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Why do you need a 190 spindle? Is the turbine crank narrower than the SL?
I AssuMed since I had a 190mm rear fatbike that I needed 190mm crank spindle. But not the case when I removed the next sl I saw the spindle was not the same. Farley uses 170mm to keep the Q factor low. Stupid mistake.

serviceguy

I AssuMed since I had a 190mm rear fatbike that I needed 190mm crank spindle. But not the case when I removed the next sl I saw the spindle was not the same. Farley uses 170mm to keep the Q factor low. Stupid mistake.
You should be able to reuse the same spindle with the new cranks, turbine and Next SL are compatible. If anything the SL have a lower Q Factor so there shouldn't be any clearance issue with the chainstays...wait, you know that both cranks come off the spindle, right?

Last edited:

rick81721

Lothar
I went down sideways like a bag of potatoes while basically still, right after clearing a skinny bridge, a big rock was in the way of the stanchion... I guess I had exhausted my ability to focus on basic motion skills such as extend a foot to one side to prevent the fall...

ha I've done that before, especially when I foolishly tried riding clipless on the mtb

Top Bottom