What have you done to your bike today?

blackburn1973

Added additional pressure to my KS dropper post (it's the one w/o the Schrader valve to add pressure so takes some doing) and it's now returning nicely.

Kaleidopete

Yeah, my dropper was acting up today too. Wasn't holding up, kept slowly dropping.
The cable got pulled a little I guess. I pulled up on the seat post while pushing the cable
back into the frame and this seemed to fix it. I guess it just needed a little more slack.

Kaleidopete

Brake lever repair, the mounting housing broke off from a recent crash, I just noticed it today.
It's just the mounting bracket to the handlebar. A quick fix was a nut and bolt through it with loctite.
Now to see if it lasts, hate to buy a new lever with the hydraulic chamber.
my fix
Leaver broken.jpg

what it should look like
Lever good.jpg

Last edited:

Turbotrix

There's nothing left to clean, upgrade or adjust on the current bikes. The trails are buried under snow in CO right now and will be for a while. Only the fat bike peeps get to play in the mountains. .. so, I just had to pick up a new toy to play with... I found a sweet new to me SC V10.

Tim

aka sptimmy43
I just spent the time and effort to try Molten Speed Wax on my chain. Does anyone else here wax their chains? Seems like a popular thing in the road world but there isn't much information on it in the MTB world. I'm not really interested in the mild performance gains some claim but having a clean to the touch drive train and longer drive train lifespan are very appealing.

Juggernaut

Master of the Metaphor
I just spent the time and effort to try Molten Speed Wax on my chain. Does anyone else here wax their chains? Seems like a popular thing in the road world but there isn't much information on it in the MTB world. I'm not really interested in the mild performance gains some claim but having a clean to the touch drive train and longer drive train lifespan are very appealing.

If I recall correctly(not a given) , didn’t @MadisonDan try waxing?

jklett

I've done it (not that particular brand though) and it works fine on the road but washes out too quickly with water crossings or puddles or even washing the bike to be worth it for mountain bikes. Just my experience with it anyways, ymmv.

Reactions: Tim

MadisonDan

Team MTBNJ Halter's
If I recall correctly(not a given) , didn’t @MadisonDan try waxing?
Yeah... I have a process... Road and CX bike only. As mentioned the MTB wears it off too quickly.

I have two chains I rotate, and use Strava to track their mileage. Typically, 250-300 miles between waxing. 3k+ miles before it hits .75 on the Park Tools wear gauge.

Tim

aka sptimmy43
I've done it (not that particular brand though) and it works fine on the road but washes out too quickly with water crossings or puddles or even washing the bike to be worth it for mountain bikes. Just my experience with it anyways, ymmv.

Interesting. I also waxed the road bike chain so if it doesn't work out on the MTB at least it won't be a total bust.

Top Bottom