What have you done to your bike today?

bergsnj

I cut my bike in half today

313C7C82-FBF7-4E49-9C08-72685E0844E1.jpeg
FD20DDAC-5749-49FF-B80B-F69FB62F3852.jpeg

I’m too much of a brute for carbon fiber and crash into gnarly rocks too much. New rear triangle is on the way......they make you destroy the damaged part when it is replaced under warranty?

bergsnj

so you cracked the 5.5 then cracked the 150 that replaced it? damn thats a bad stroke of luck.
Yea, bad luck really. Had the bike wash out from under me on loose pebbles/rock garden gnar really quickly at mountain creek and a pointy rock happened to get the seat stay and cracked it. Nothing i could have done. Carbon bikes are great if you dont ever crash. I bet more and more manufacturers start making aluminum bikes with high end components in the near future like the Ripmo AF.

02camaro

Yea, bad luck really. Had the bike wash out from under me on loose pebbles/rock garden gnar really quickly at mountain creek and a pointy rock happened to get the seat stay and cracked it. Nothing i could have done. Carbon bikes are great if you dont ever crash. I bet more and more manufacturers start making aluminum bikes with high end components in the near future like the Ripmo AF.
damn that sucks. i really want to upgrade my 5.5 to the sb150, maybe next year

bergsnj

damn that sucks. i really want to upgrade my 5.5 to the sb150, maybe next year
Its a nice upgrade but the 5.5 is no slouch. The 5.5 might even be a better all around bike. The 150 excels at going fast at 100%. The 5.5 is more relaxed but can handle anything you throw at it.

jklett

It sucks being short sometimes. So I bought @Kangdoy 's fuel ex back in the early spring and put a PNW dropper on it. The cheapest option was a 125mm travel one but with the suspension pivot being on the seat tube there's only so much insertion so it's a little too high for me. I took the post apart and found out that a large ty-wrap is the same width and thickness as the guide channels so I cut two pieces at about 1/4" and put them in the channels underneath the stop bushing. That brought it down to what I thought was good and I've been riding it that way all summer.

I was messing with the seat height on another bike the last few weeks and I figured out that it feels better just a bit lower. After tonight's ride I finally had enough and took the post apart and replaced my homemade travel reducers with 5/8" pieces. That should do the trick, brought the saddle height to where it's comfortable on the other bike. I'll find out tomorrow how that feels.

02camaro

I made a completely pointless purchase considering I had a perfectly fine xtr 11 speed but I couldn't resist the upgrade-itis.

Slx cassette chain and derailleur xt shifter. I forgot the dumb move I made when I rode it. It shifts unbelievably even when putting power down. Hyperglide is worth the hype.

20190917_161003.jpg
20190917_172608.jpg

20190917_181844.jpg

pkovo

Tried to swap the bash guard on my trials bike with a chainring for better for the BMX gearing, but found one of the tabs for the chainring bolts was cracked. I was tempted to slap it on anyway and run it with only 4 of the 5 bolts, but decided not to.

On the positive side they seem to be replaceable, but given the age of these cranks it may be hard to source.

cranks.jpg

extremedave

Team MTBNJ Halter's
That XT shifter feels like such a nice piece. I'm running the same setup but 10speed.

I made a completely pointless purchase considering I had a perfectly fine xtr 11 speed but I couldn't resist the upgrade-itis.

Slx cassette chain and derailleur xt shifter. I forgot the dumb move I made when I rode it. It shifts unbelievably even when putting power down. Hyperglide is worth the hype.

View attachment 105845View attachment 105846
View attachment 105847

Top Bottom