What have you done to your bike today?

pkovo

New Seat, Cassette and Chain on my Canfield. Unfortunately, noticed some off play in the crankset that will require some investigation.

New extra chunky grips for the fatbike, in my quest to alleviate my injured wrist pain.

qclabrat

New Seat, Cassette and Chain on my Canfield. Unfortunately, noticed some off play in the crankset that will require some investigation.

New extra chunky grips for the fatbike, in my quest to alleviate my injured wrist pain.
BB spacer?

pkovo

BB spacer?
Maybe. I was tinkering on my lunch break and ran out of time so it will be a mystery for a little while. But if I can't get it sorted quickly, then it looks like I may do the Iron Furnace on my heavy steel fatbike.

wonderturtle

What did I do to my bike? Got a new one ;) well new to me at least. Always wanted a Surly. Just back from Bike’nGear who swapped drivetrain, etc off the deceased bike. Can’t wait to ride this.
33C9184F-F295-49EC-B0A6-B0D6DBF3BD79.jpeg

Turbotrix

I reassembled all of my bikes over the last two weeks...
They were boxed up in a storage locker for the past year while we relocated to Colorado. Setting up the workshop and getting them rolling again was high on the priority list. it's great to be back on two wheels!

qclabrat

I reassembled all of my bikes over the last two weeks...
They were boxed up in a storage locker for the past year while we relocated to Colorado. Setting up the workshop and getting them rolling again was high on the priority list. it's great to be back on two wheels!
Not at all jelly of you....
Post pics so I can live vicariously thru you

pkovo

Lubricated a sticky clutch on my fatbike. New rear pads on my fatbike and new front pads on the Canfield. Removed/Checked crankset on my Canfield...BB is suspect, booo.

w_b

The mean machine got a dose of Kashima thanks to @seanrunnette. It's a tight fit in there, and I'll have to customize the lever a tad-ish to run it in C or D, but I'm really more of a T guy anyway. Feels good in the driveway. I'm still off the bike for a few more weeks re-habbin, but it's ready....

IMG_3139.JPG

qclabrat

The mean machine got a dose of Kashima thanks to @seanrunnette. It's a tight fit in there, and I'll have to customize the lever a tad-ish to run it in C or D, but I'm really more of a T guy anyway. Feels good in the driveway. I'm still off the bike for a few more weeks re-habbin, but it's ready....

View attachment 94529
which frame it that? All I can tell is that it's not single pivot... I think

pkovo

New BB on canfield but it didnt sort the play in the crankset.

New chainring, chain and cassette on the fatbike plus a brake bleed. Man Ive neglected this thing lately.

Black coffee anyone?
6C51B9E3-59FA-4778-BD1C-A7DBFD3201A8.jpeg

pkovo

Is the play lateral? Or up and down?
Up and down, or front to back.....basically if I grab each crank arm and push pull in opposing directions there is slight play. The axle isnt sliding, its rocking, so to speak.

Its very slight. Realisticallynit was probably like that when I built it up a few weeks back and I just didnt notice it then.

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Had to swap out my 2.6 nobby nic on rear of my SS misfit for a 2.2 rocket Ron. Was getting tire rub under wheel flex. I actually like this combo right now as it hooked up nicely yesterday. I know I say this but this is still my favorite bike fit wise. If she ever breaks I am gonna have to go custom or just get the steel version repaired.

qclabrat

Had to swap out my 2.6 nobby nic on rear of my SS misfit for a 2.2 rocket Ron. Was getting tire rub under wheel flex. I actually like this combo right now as it hooked up nicely yesterday. I know I say this but this is still my favorite bike fit wise. If she ever breaks I am gonna have to go custom or just get the steel version repaired.
You also have the AL version?

Top Bottom