What hardtail has your eye?

you poor people...I hope that your fortunes turn around and you are soon able to afford a proper bike.

Although to be fair, the numbers you guys are throwing around are on par with what i paid for my FS bikes, and more in some cases.
I'm sure this is tongue and cheek but would love to here how you paid for a carbon Bronson with no upgrades for 3k.
I paid $645 for my canfield frame and probably another $1500 for my choice of parts.
My ripmo af was 3k.
Final note everyone should own a modern geo hardtail, just ask Lenosky 🤣

I'm thisclose to pulling the trigger on this (the only hardtail I'd ever consider).

GIANT Revolt Advanced 0

1624373366737.png

you poor people...I hope that your fortunes turn around and you are soon able to afford a proper bike.

Although to be fair, the numbers you guys are throwing around are on par with what i paid for my FS bikes, and more in some cases.
The RSD Ti Middlechild frame is a lot less than I paid for my Megatower - even after the discount I got through our team deal at the time. And the latter didn't include a headset like the RSD does.

I'm sure this is tongue and cheek but would love to here how you paid for a carbon Bronson with no upgrades for 3k.
I paid $645 for my canfield frame and probably another $1500 for my choice of parts.
My ripmo af was 3k.
Final note everyone should own a modern geo hardtail, just ask Lenosky 🤣
Yes of course, I dont care what anyone rides.

not the bronson, but my scalpel and tallboy

And im probably going to buy a DJ when i can find one....I think the hardtail would be nice for the @JimN kind of super technical ride...slow moving and having to do alot of hoping around up and over things.....But I cant think of any downhill in north jersey outside of something smooth at creek where I would prefer a hardtail.

I don't think I would put big money into a hardtail, but I loved my Chameleon. Now I'm on a China-carbon HT and probably wouldn't replace it with anything else. I still need a full suspension eventually, and would spend for something nice with proper engineering in the rear.

Yes of course, I dont care what anyone rides.

not the bronson, but my scalpel and tallboy

And im probably going to buy a DJ when i can find one....I think the hardtail would be nice for the @JimN kind of super technical ride...slow moving and having to do alot of hoping around up and over things.....But I cant think of any downhill in north jersey outside of something smooth at creek where I would prefer a hardtail.
Winter rides at Wayway have been fun on a hardtail (my previous Vassago). Running 27.5+ helps. I also rode that bike a few times at Kingdom Trails, doing all-day 20+ mile loops. Semi-fat tires are great there. Most of the time you don't need a lot of suspension on those trails.

Oddly enough, I don't see myself ever buying a DJ bike again. The Chameleon should do that task well enough when needed. At least until I get the 20" out.

Waltworks, because I like big wheels. Maybe a Jones, but I like to have a SS hardtail.

But not gonna happen until (when?) My Stache cracks. Don't understand the hate for the bike, it's a XC bike that will eat anything if you lean back.

But not gonna happen until (when?) My Stache cracks. Don't understand the hate for the bike, it's a XC bike that will eat anything if you lean back.

idk either, i love mine, its not the right tool for every job, but it sure is fun and capable anywhere iv taken it so far. (idk as id consider it an XC bike either)

I think any hate is just the natural reaction to big wheels being pushed so hard for a couple of years. I bought into it and love that bike. Tire situation kind of sucks now.

Back
Top Bottom