What grips you rockin?

Soundguy

#SenditGuy
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Looking for something soft. My hands are still recovering from downhill season..... the chatter through the braking bumps towards end of season was insane. I've hated the stock grips on my Commencal since I got the thing.... diameter is slightly large for my hands and the compound is extremely firm. I have some Race Face grips on my hardtail (forget the name...something nelson?) and I like the size but they also have zero shock absorption. As a drummer/guitar player my hands have suffered enough abuse.... looking for something soft and cushy. Whatch'all got?!

Last edited:

shrpshtr325

Infinite Source of Sarcasm
Team MTBNJ Halter's
i have the bontrager version of the ergons, they come in two sizes take your pick.

im not happy with the chunkys that came on my stache, havent gotten around to replace them yet (if you come on friday your welcome to take a look/ride at the chunkys)

Ryan.P

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Odi long neck push on no glue no problem all season. Lever position will affect hand comfort way more than any grip will just sayin

jmanic

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
Staff member
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I run Odi Rogues, all day urrrryday.
But they are thicker and not so soft.
So that doesn’t help you.
GLWG!

Santapez

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Which ones doe?

I like the GA2’s, however when they wore out, made my hands hurt. Have GE1’s on right now and don’t like then as much, too bubbly in the middle palm.

Idk how people ride chunkys, those things are thick as hell.

GA2s I really really like. The GE1 is nice but it wants to lock you into one position a little more with that little bump.

mtbiker87

Deity Knuckledusters on my current rig, and loving them. No problems after a day of those end of season bomb holes ar Mt Creek.

Last edited:

Jmann

Never gonna let you down.
ESI extra chunky or wolf tooth fat paw. I have big hands and prefer a meaty grip, and I also prefer not wearing gloves, and in that case silicone grips work really well for me. I’ve used ergon and get why people like them.

pkovo

Odi long neck push on no glue no problem all season. Lever position will affect hand comfort way more than any grip will just sayin

Odi Longnecks are what I typically run on everything as well. However I'm currently trying some Ergons, GE1 and GA2, due to a recovering wrist injury. Initial impressions are positive.

Top Bottom