What free hub body do I need?

shrpshtr325

Infinite Source of Sarcasm
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Hanover Rd behind Whippany park HS

have you checked google maps bike routing? i just punched in pub 199 and whippany park HS and got a route that is only 18 miles, mostly downhill, doesnt use columbia tpk, doesnt use rt 46 (crosses it tho) and is only on rt 10 for a short period(and actually looks like it could be avoided with a cut through dickerson mine based on comments above).

not sure about sussex tpk or hanover ave/whippany rd either, but its a starting point.

https://goo.gl/maps/tVtW7SFfVPDv756M6

Juggernaut

Master of the Metaphor
Max, as you know, 510 if fucking scary (bike wise) in the AM. Especially if you’re heading east. It’s directly into the rising sun and neither you or more importantly the cars alongside you can see anything on any hills. Add that to the fact that’s there’s no shoulder for most of it and everyone’s on their phone the entire time it makes it super risky. The only serious car accident I’ve ever been in happened two months after I was transferred to FP on the corner of Columbia (510) and Hanover @ 7AM. Please be careful.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Thats a sketchy ride for sure. Howard blvd and Sussex Tpk at 5am no thanks.

agree, but ya gotta get down the hill, and it isn't into the sun.

maybe something through the lake area? no hanover or sussex tpk.
also, riding outside regular commute hours could help. as in into work by 7:30 ? then out earlier.

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I recommend driving to somewhere in maybe Randolph, and then riding a combination of the Randolph trails and Patriot's Path to work.

A Potted Plant

Honorary Sod
I recommend driving to somewhere in maybe Randolph, and then riding a combination of the Randolph trails and Patriot's Path to work.

This was my original idea from home, park at horse shoe lake and hit p path. In the summer but on none summer days I want to do the road.

agree, but ya gotta get down the hill, and it isn't into the sun.

maybe something through the lake area? no hanover or sussex tpk.
also, riding outside regular commute hours could help. as in into work by 7:30 ? then out earlier.

I would never ride Howard Blvd that's suicide fighting the cars getting on and off of 80. I'm on the fence about rocking the 46/10 shoulder till I get to local roads.

A Potted Plant

Honorary Sod
Screenshot 2019-09-26 at 8.47.45 PM.png

getting close

Top Bottom