What Fat bike should I buy next???

Ejd

How may people have issue with Q factor? And is it a habit thing from riding road bikes, a previous injury thing, bio-metric/physical stature thing? (Says the really tall guy riding an Otso).
I just don't know. I'm not tall. I wear 30 ince inseam pants and have arthritis in both knees. It's about the same as the Mayor

GreenMachine

I really like the Maverick. I work in machining and appreciate the workmanship. The Q factor is big. Not sure if this will be an issue 🤔

f I had a choice between this or a similarly priced cookie-cutter carbon bike, I would take this in a heartbeat. The build quality of the Wyatt frame, all of the machined parts, and the do-it-all geometry would make this my bike of choice for my fat-bike needs.

Fatbike.com

Reactions: Ejd

tankhead

I have the race face ride cranks with all the spacers on the fat bike with a 197 mm hub. It actually helped my knee pain from the days off riding my old 2003 Titus racer x and Merlin Agilis road bike for way too many hours. Love my fat bike

Last edited:

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
Fat Bikes put your hips in a more natural position and are actually better for you. It's why I run an MTB crank on my road bike, it fits better. With a normal road q-factor I developed pretty bad IT Band issues and had to stop riding for a while to let it heal.

tankhead

Back in my nonsensical excessive training days I suffered with iliotibial band problems on the regular. I had a beautiful Merlin Agilis. And my Titus racer x. Gave up riding for 10 years got the fat bike and really don’t suffer any of those problems any longer. I do notice sub patellar pain now and then which could be remedied with moving the seat back or shorter cranks. But more recovery seems to work it all out. 54 now not 34 any longer. lol

Last edited:

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Back in my nonsensical excessive training days I suffered with iliotibial band problems on the regular. I had a beautiful Merlin Agilis. And my Titus racer x. Gave up riding for 10 years got the fat bike and really don’t suffer any of those problems any longer. I do notice sub patellar pain now and then which could be remedied with moving the seat back or shorter cranks. But more recovery seems to work it all out. 54 now not 34 any longer. lol

i ran a marathon at 54, it ain't over yet!

tankhead

Excellent!! However I find no interest in riding any longer than 1.5 hours any more for regular riding. Rarely 2 hours and any thing longer on special occasions. Triple bypass April of 2021 and still riding and lifting on the regular. Feeling great. Actually heading out to Penn Branch trail now to find mount jemima and then head back. Never saw it before. That should get me 2 hours today but I rarely go for that long.

tankhead

This thread cursed me. lol. Both my knees started hurting me today. Haven't changed my seat position in over 3 years but I tried pushing my seat forward just a smidge last week...... Not a good idea. I made the adjustments when I got home. Should have done it on the trail but did not. Anyway, got to Jemima Mount. Goal for the day achieved. 16.xx miles.

Ejd

It turns out I can't swing a new bike right now. Other responsibilities.😮‍💨 But I like the Wyatt Maverick alot and think it will be my next new bike. Maybe in the fall. Thanks everyone for your input

Top Bottom