(What do you want to get") "Dialed In" in 2009?

jbogner

NYCMTB: President
JORBA.ORG
I'm getting my freeride bike dialed again after a year of harsh riding and mechanical neglect, which should insure that I can keep it pinned.

Also will be working on dialing in the highbridge trails, and hopefully expanding the terrain into new zones.

;)

Cyclopath

Shop Owner / Employee
Shop Keep
I'm getting my freeride bike dialed again after a year of harsh riding and mechanical neglect, which should insure that I can keep it pinned.

Excellent point, j!
Keeping things pinned is crucial.
I'll have to think what I most need to keep pinned...

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
I will be working on smooth spinning, which the fixed gear should help with. Other than that, I just want to go faster, so probably concentrate on cornering so I can light the twisties at 6 on fire.

Glancing Aft

when all else fails there's always the urban dictionary,

Dialed In
1. When something is perfect.
2. A substitute for cool.
3. Can be used in reference to an athlete performing well (usually basketball or baseball).

1. You seen the lower body on that girl? That thing is dialed in.

2. You gotta get up to that party, it's gonna be dialed in.

3. Eric Gordon is dialed in right now.

As for me, I'll be working on my endurance, since I want to complete my first 100 mile race as well as be competitive in the Michaux Endurance Series.

idbrian

Crotch Rot
Would like to learn how to do jumps, drops, and continue getting comfortable with hairy descents. I think all my problems will be answered by getting out to Diablo and DHing some.

jkmacman

Complete Nonsense
Dial In Like Sam Hill

Would like to learn how to do jumps, drops, and continue getting comfortable with hairy descents. I think all my problems will be answered by getting out to Diablo and DHing some.
Good point.

I want to "Dial In" my weight in general and how I position it on the bike. This past year there was an article regarding moving your body in an around the driver’s seat and moving your weight forward, back and side to side. This year instead of working on Cadence (RPM's) or Training in Heart Rate Zone's, I want to "Dialed In" the positioning of my body on the bike!

I want to get Dialed In like Sam Hill
SAM HILL 1.04 VIDEO

dualfisted

first it's dialed, now pinned?????

I'm gonna DIAL IN my tripod turns, and use of said maneuver on group rides!!! JK!

Madness

I guess dialing in a few things this year would be nice. I guess if I had to choose what I want to get dialed, they would have to be........

1. Getting more comfortable cornering with out using so much brake so I can keep my flow going at the mile.

2. Stomping switch backside 7's again. I used to do those in my sleep but for some reason I lost them and since I am old and broken I don't like trying things that can cause excessive pain anymore.......

3. As was stated before, technical terrain. I can handle Chimney Rock fairley well but I still get nervous on some sections when it gets a little hairy.

I can't think of anything else at the moment so I guess that's all........

Happy Holidays all you dirt merchants..............:)

jkmacman

Complete Nonsense
hi tech

1. Getting more comfortable cornering with out using so much brake so I can keep my flow going at the mile.

2. Stomping switch backside 7's again. I used to do those in my sleep but for some reason I lost them and since I am old and broken I don't like trying things that can cause excessive pain anymore.......

3. As was stated before, technical terrain. I can handle Chimney Rock fairley well but I still get nervous on some sections when it gets a little hairy.
Me too.

Technical terrain is something all MTB'ers need to get "Dialed In" on.

wonderturtle

I'm just dailed into improving - aerobically (sp?) and technically.

in 2008, I did the Woods Hollow race (Tatum Park) and the Mountain Man Biathlon. in 2009, I want to do them again and improve on my times significantly.

and I want to do a few more challenging races this year and see how I do.

in 2010 I go pro.

oh, also want to hit 100 miles each month.

Last edited:
Top Bottom