What do do for legs?

scotth

Hello All,

I entered my first race and would like to do some training to get more stamina in my legs. I dont have a rode bike, even if I did there is no time to ride my mountain bike and also a rode bike. I started running on a tread mill 3 times a week. Is there a running scenario that would help build leg stamina. Thanks for any information.

Regards,

Scott

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
It's something that just requires some more time on the bike. Squeak in an extra few miles here and there and you'll be surprised how much it helps. You don't own a road bike, so just take your MTB out around your neighborhood for some added saddle time. If you get more serious about racing, you'll need a road bike to get some good training miles in...

-Jim.

MST.ESQ

Interval training! My first two races were horrible so I started doing interval training, both on a treatmill and on my bike. I experienced a large amount of gain (mostly in recovery time) in the same amount of training time... I felt really good at my last race and could have done another lap with the way my leg muscles were recovering after each climb.

Good luck.

lou_b_83

I ride every other day for 20 minutes it it helps sooooo much. Even if it is just playing around in the yard.

Top Bottom