what did you learn this week?

bonefishjake

Strong like bull, smart like tractor
Team MTBNJ Halter's
this was a tradition with jeep board i used to frequent before i realized that off-roading a jeep really does mean Just Empty Every Pocket. not that mtbing doesn't, but you can get an entire bike for the cost of some of the parts i've bought. so...

i learned that it is completely possible to destroy bike parts without said bike ever actually leaving the garage. :D

bonefishjake

Team MTBNJ Halter's
heythorp said:
I learned that they make 16" 29er frames.

that i knew b/c the possiblity exists that i may be riding one. i'm only a 1/2 apple taller than brad...

Shaggz

A strong 7
bonefishjake said:
i learned that it is completely possible to destroy bike parts without said bike ever actually leaving the garage. :D

I learned that:

1: you are not such a nice person;
2: I am probably responsible for a majority of the Mountain Lion sightings in Northern New Jersey; and
3: Crank Bros. has an AWESOME warranty program.

Shaggz

A strong 7
Actually Jake is not soooo bad.

I also learned that Norm has 8 nads, and watching him drink 4 at a time is quite a site.

Last edited:

bonefishjake

Team MTBNJ Halter's
if there was really a "mountain lion" running around, as slow as i was riding up there in march, it would have pounched on me faster than a redneck on free NASCAR tickets.

Jason

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
I learned that I have entirely too much bike crap in my basement that I need to sell and cops like to wait just around a bend when the speed limit goes from 45 to 25. Ouch! that's gonna hurt :(

heythorp

Jason said:
I learned that I have entirely too much bike crap in my basement that I need to sell and cops like to wait just around a bend when the speed limit goes from 45 to 25. Ouch! that's gonna hurt :(

where did you get wacked?

Jason

JORBA.ORG
heythorp said:
where did you get wacked?

Annondale or High Bridge... Whatever this town is right next to Voorhees State Park. 513 is 50mph all the way down and the bam, 45/35/25 so if you're not paying attention, it's ticket time. 4 points and $200 and that's even with no point or tickets in the past 4 years. Good thing the cop did me a favor. :rolleyes:

Shaggz

A strong 7
I'm pretty sure you can bargain that out for a $250 fine with no points. The catch is that you have to keep your record clean for a ceratin period of time, or else a subsequent violation can be even more costly.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Were you riding Vorhees? If so maybe you deserve that ticket.

heythorp

Well I learned that a guy can call up his buddy and go on and on for 5 minutes about purchasing a pair of shoes.

Got to tell ya, did'nt see it coming.

bonefishjake

Team MTBNJ Halter's
heythorp said:
Well I learned that a guy can call up his buddy and go on and on for 5 minutes about purchasing a pair of shoes.

Got to tell ya, did'nt see it coming.

steve, you're off the hook...this is officially the GAYEST post of the day. :D

Jason

JORBA.ORG
Shaggz said:
I'm pretty sure you can bargain that out for a $250 fine with no points. The catch is that you have to keep your record clean for a ceratin period of time, or else a subsequent violation can be even more costly.

ehhh, it's not even worth my time.

normZurawski said:
Were you riding Vorhees? If so maybe you deserve that ticket.

Naaa, I was doing a bluecoat proxy install at a company down there. Been commuting that way for two weeks.

Top Bottom