What did you do TODAY for your fitness?

MTB is like going to war .
Road riding is more like meditation (in condition you pick low traffic routs ...)

Funny, but I am totally opposite. Maybe I need to work on getting the war out of my road riding, but there is so much traffic. I'm afraid to let down. In the woods, I let go.

Ocean City/Long Port Bridge in the wind. VERY tough!

I know this bridge well...Its the only incline within miles:D...The wife ran track for OCHS so when I head down to the in-laws i try to link with the Beacon group and head out towards Tuckahoe for a loop out that way...I will be down that way on Thanksgiving if you want ride...The wind out that way is worst than hill climbing...At least when your down climbing a hill there is some sense of accomplishment

Last edited:
Tuesday morning road river rd on road bike and ran county park at lunch

Wednesday morning did weights and swam, lunch mtbed at hi mtn preserve

If you want to do both mtb and road: ringwood or franklin lakes will do, bring locks for your bikes since theives like to take the bike off your rack even outside your front door :getsome:

I know this bridge well...Its the only incline within miles:D...The wife ran track for OCHS so when I head down to the in-laws i try to link with the Beacon group and head out towards Tuckahoe for a loop out that way...I will be down that way on Thanksgiving if you want ride...The wind out that way is worst than hill climbing...At least when your down climbing a hill there is some sense of accomplishment

We joke around about the bridge being the highest and steepest mountain in south jersey :) The bridge is about a 10% grade (guess) and yesterday the wind was blowing so hard in my face I had to pedal hard on the way down to keep moving forward.

Have you ever been to Estell Manor for the trail there? It is a pretty easy trail but a fun time. Its about 15 minutes from OC

Getting used to my new neighborhood. I decided to head over to the rockaway mall this morning at 530 with my road bike and sprint around. It was kinda fun. Full speed for 30-60 seconds, slam on the brakes, turn, repeat. I was really temped to ride through the mall, but I wussed out.

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/19196879

Thursday 11/19
Went back to Allumuchy after this happened last week.

9:00am
Me, Mattybfat and John Baumann met up to ride, we avoided climbing up cardiac because Matt was feeling a little under the weather and we did not want to revisit the crash site of ebineezer. About 1/2 hour into the ride John busted his rear deraileur hanger, although he was prepared with another one in his bag-o-tricks the derailleur itself was mangled beyond repair...the best he could do was limp back to the lot with a barely rideable chain.
Mooch001.jpg

Matt was real broken up about Johns derailleur matt was on his ss
Mooch002.jpg

After we ditched John one of Matt's buddies, another allumuchy local joined the ride and we pedaled for about 2hrs. Aside from injuries and mechanicals I like riding this place. Matt's always a great host, even when he's not feeling 100%.

Matt & Keith and another busted bike...but thats another story
Mooch003.jpg

[Matt & Keith and another busted bike...but thats another story
Mooch003.jpg

Yeah that rig was 3mm away from total disaster, next time we hit this I promise my full intended loop (20+ miler). Sorry weakend by this bug running thru the house.

Today I got called into a useless "emergency" conference call so my planned multi-hour ride got cut to one. Sooooooo I jumped into deer park from the Waterloo side and looped orange to white and around. Good roll and was done in under an hour so I could make my call.

Tomorrow I'm off the bike, Wednesday I'm hoping to chase norm around MD at probably a much too early hour.

what I did 4 fitness

I'll tell ya what I did, I'm still kinda flabbergasted over it. I decided to end my gym membership. Ever since I started Mountian Biking I don't really go,a nyway I feel good about that descision. My comment relates to what the guy said about why i was leaving.There are numerous factors one of which is the expense the other is that I love to use the sauna and its always broken, the foot straps on the stationary bikes are always missing, classes are not at good times and its just tooo far from home, I mention that I had gotten into mountian biking and his comment was "mountain biking, where do u do that?, I said Allaire mostly, he says condensendenly " Allaire? is that the in spot" He asks: "do you ride on trails, and up hill?" :rolleyes:I say yes its fun, he asks:"do you go downhill ever?' I say yeah, its a good workout too, and its fun riding in nature, he says "Nature Smature" and laughs at me...needless to say I wasnt inspired to change my mind. Just had to share...I think he was lampooning mountian biking...bogus!:hmmm:

Last edited:
Wall sits or slides. I am not sure what they are called. It is where you sit against a wall with no chair. I did 5 sets of 60 secs. 2 sets of 60 sec with a 25lb weight. 2 sets of 70 sec with a 35lb weight. 2 sets of 60 sec with 60lbs. 2 sets of 60 sec with 25 and 2 sets for 60 sec with no weight. It may sound pretty easy but it is not.

Baby Goat

Got out today for a little over an hour rolling with The Goat himself. It's been a while since I've had the opportunity to ride with Brett and as usual he delivers as one of the best Sherpas out there. We took off from tranquility and went up, over and around to ice cream. We also did a couple old skool trails that were good times. That was the first "real" 'mooch ride I've done on the SS and over all I was pretty happy. My legs had more in them which was great.

Well, tomorrow is the fabled graveyard bikes ride then it'll be turkey, turkey and more turkey. Oh, and a beer or two thrown in for good measure.

Have a safe and happy one all.

6am yesterday: ~13 mile ride at allamuchy
7am today: ~8 mile ride at mahlon
11am today: ~13 miles ride at stephens
8am tomorrow: heading upstate for a ride
7am sunday: ride into nyc

6am yesterday: ~13 mile ride at allamuchy
7am today: ~8 mile ride at mahlon
11am today: ~13 miles ride at stephens
8am tomorrow: heading upstate for a ride
7am sunday: ride into nyc

your building quiet a base...im jealous:popcorn:

lies!!!!

yesterday i did the annual graveyard bikes ride up in wildcat ridge. this was a completely different ride than years past which was good. it was an actual ride as opposed to a cruise along some logging roads with a hike a bike mixed in for good measure. rode a trail called roller coaster which is one of the MOST fun trails i've ever ridden. of course i was pushing it and went OTB. actually, i went OTB twice yesterday. the first time i was just riding along and the next thing i knew i was on my head. oh well. bad news was i lost my blingy carbon flat bars due to damage.

sunday i ride MD on a geared full squish. hmmmm...

Today I got out with fogerson in MD for about an hour and a half. It was a great day for a Ride and the parking lot showed as much. TONS of people. I was on a demo bike today but I'll save my final thoughts on that until after I ride it again tomorrow. And don't you worry...I'll be purveying much 29er douchebaggery. Just different. :)

Back
Top Bottom