What did you do for fitness today- 2011

pixychick

JORBA: Ringwood
JORBA.ORG
With the wintery conditions we have had this winter, I thought we could revisit last years thread idea. Post up what you do for fitness. Hopefully it will inspire people to get outside. Please include trail conditions as well, as that may become a factor when all this snow melts.

I'll start with yesterday:

2/4/11 = 25 mile road ride Tuxedo to Harriman. It was close to 30 degrees and sunny. Roads were pretty clear, but a little icy up in Harriman.

Glenlivet12

I've been trying to hit the gym almost every lunch break during the work week. Some nights I'll do a cts video on the trainer. Hoping to get a real ride in soon!

hardtale70

She's Gone From Suck to Blow
Shop Keep
What didn't I ? Every day is somewhere between Little House on the
Prarie and basic training. Why am I so chubby??????:cry:

RacerChick

Hudson Valley Girl
Simulated big ring hill repeats on the indoor trainer, 5:00 on 5:00 off. Duration 1 hour 30 minutes. Tomorrow easy 2 hour spin on the trainers with Tommy. 9 1/2 hours total this week. The roads up here in the Catskills are iced over and the temps barely reach 25 degrees. Our first road race of the year is March 19th ... MURDER! :D

RC

Last edited:

freeride

2nd day in a row of weights, run 4 miles on treadmill than swim laps, except today i swam at the ridgewood y instead of 24 hr fitness. mannana i'm doing a mtb ride into meadowlands

Mike679

Spinervals "Suffer-o-Rama" workout on the trainer. I think that video was filmed in the late '90s and the music is awful, really awful, but it makes the time pass...

pixychick

JORBA.ORG
Wow, what a beautiful day out there! Was able to do a 45 mile road ride today, and I wasn't cold. Not a lot of shoulder out there to ride on, but the side streets were pretty quiet. Only one section of black ice by Clausland MT. The snow is melting :) , and the streets were wet and full of salt, but it felt good to out regardless. A lot of dirty bikes and bums when we were done.

Attachments

• view.jpg
    view.jpg
    116.8 KB · Views: 200
  • bank.jpg
    bank.jpg
    172.9 KB · Views: 214
  • bum.jpg
    bum.jpg
    240 KB · Views: 219

RacerChick

Hudson Valley Girl
Wow, what a beautiful day out there! Was able to do a 45 mile road ride today, and I wasn't cold. Not a lot of shoulder out there to ride on, but the side streets were pretty quiet. Only one section of black ice by Clausland MT. The snow is melting :) , and the streets were wet and full of salt, but it felt good to out regardless. A lot of dirty bikes and bums when we were done.

Way to go Pix! 45 miles is awesome this time of year. Not sure who's butt that is,
one word ... F E N D E R S ! :D
Tommy and I went outside today for a hilly 2 1/2 hr road ride. Most of the roads were yucky and I forgot my camera! :cry: Today we had a high of 36! and sunny.

Last edited:

southernerinnj

Conditions were not perfect a little wet and muddy semi frozen trail, but race in the winter short track series down here in Charlotte. Lotta fun to be had!

pixychick

JORBA.ORG
Commuted by road bike today for errands. :popcorn::popcorn::popcorn: Not much in miles, but saw a lot of melting snow.

freeride

Ddi

Went to gym and did weights. Ran 3 miles on treadmill and swam for 15 minutes.

Set up trainor after work but I had to go out.

Top Bottom