what did i go and do now- part deux

bonefishjake

Strong like bull, smart like tractor
Team MTBNJ Halter's
well, with all the single speed action going on, i accelerated the timeline on my 970 conversion build. by months. i went to marty's to get a new set of grips and left with a new bike. yep, SS action for me!!! i bought a 17" Specialized Hardrock SS and got a SMOKING deal on it.

after i ran the numbers, it was WAY cheaper for me to buy this bike than to buy parts and convert my 970.

so, come sometime in the next week, i'll be hitting LM with the new ride!!! i'm sure i'll be picking up some other odds and ends (probably new bars, a seat and pedals since the stock pedals are platform) but bottom line, it was still cheaper.

not the lightest bike on the planet, but i'm not the lightest rider so it all works out. :D so, who's in for a hike-n-bike? :D

bonefishjake

Team MTBNJ Halter's
yep, that's it. i have a dedicated SS now and with a few tweaks it'll be a killer bike. from what i've read, the damn thing is bomb proof so that's all good.

edit: i think mine is an '04 b/c it has a chain tensioner on it. i'm going to stop by (again) tomorrow and ask TC if he can rig it without it. from what i read, that is the only issue with them.

Last edited:

bonefishjake

Team MTBNJ Halter's
yep, that's it. i actually don't know what color it is b/c it was in the box and needs to be built. i'll be stoked if that's the color though! i'll add the 18T cog to my list...i saw that post by phat and since i've seen him ride (or, more to the point ride BY!) i'll take his word for it.

i should be good for around noon tomorrow. want to just meet at LM? the three extra miles out and back (from the sussex lot) may be too much for your first trip on the SS.

edit: where did you dig that pic up? i've been looking but can't find one..

Last edited:
Top Bottom