what componets are good

Optiwizard

Looking at new bikes how good is sram x7 stuff vs Shimano Deore XT ,Shimano Deore Shimano SLX

Whats good stuff better stuff coming from old shimano deore lx now.

I don't want to downgrade components in the new bike purchase.
Looking at Treks since my LBS carries them and Scott. Always had good luck with trek so i figure why not stay with them. Looking to stay in the 2k-3k range. I do like the flick ability of my current 26" but am open to 29" and im sure with time in the saddle I'd feel just as comfortable on them. I am considering FS over hardtail.

soundz

The Hat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
look at x.9 is more comparable to xt and slx than x.7 is

xt is a bit lighter than slx but slx is supposedly more durable .. not that xt isn't durable

it's more a preference thing, if you ask 1000 pople you will get 3 different answers

personally i prefer sram (x.9)

TheBikeGuy1

Shop: The Bicycle Hub
Shop Keep
Cannondale

alot of the new cannondale stuff is really good along the lines of the new jeckll and the claymore .. the bikes are built really well and have a good flickablity i currently am on a cannondale moto 2 carbon and own about five other cannondale bikes i love the feel of the bike under me a opposed to the trek and or giant lines.. although they are all good i have had much luck with these bikes. and have always been treated fairly when it comes to any problems with the bikes as i have damaged many brake levers shifter and derailures. if you want some advice message me and i can help guide you in the right direction

THATmanMANNY

i thought there would be more shit flying around but i guess everyone grew tired of which wheel size, what tires, what fork etc.

optiwizard,
anything in your 2k-3k range is gonna come with good stuff. You said downgrade on new bike... What components do you ride now? EDIT: nvm just read ur post. I think anything you get now in your range is better than old LX.

$2k - deore/x5
$2.5k - slx/x7
$3k - xt/x9

The forks/shocks of course will get better as you accumulate more credits and level up.

It also depends on what is important to you. Cranks and fork/shock adjustability is my selling point. I could ride x5/deore for all I care but the full bikes I have bought suited my needs and come with xt-ish parts.

I like the trek FS bikes. One, cause I own one and two, they are clean looking bikes that work very well. I've also had/have Giant, Specialized, and Cannondale. All the same to me, made in Taiwan.

Last edited:

xcracer297

i thought there would be more shit flying around but i guess everyone grew tired of which wheel size, what tires, what fork etc.

optiwizard,
anything in your 2k-3k range is gonna come with good stuff. You said downgrade on new bike... What components do you ride now? EDIT: nvm just read ur post. I think anything you get now in your range is better than old LX.

$2k - deore/x5
$2.5k - slx/x7
$3k - xt/x9

The forks/shocks of course will get better as you accumulate more credits and level up.

It also depends on what is important to you. Cranks and fork/shock adjustability is my selling point. I could ride x5/deore for all I care but the full bikes I have bought suited my needs and come with xt-ish parts.

I like the trek FS bikes. One, cause I own one and two, they are clean looking bikes that work very well. I've also had/have Giant, Specialized, and Cannondale. All the same to me, made in Taiwan.

where on earth do you shop??? for 800 you can get a full slx build kit (everything except frame and suspension) XTR is 2k but i think the best bang for your buck is x9 at 1200 from ur lbs and 800 from online retailers

soundz

The Hat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
where on earth do you shop??? for 800 you can get a full slx build kit (everything except frame and suspension) XTR is 2k but i think the best bang for your buck is x9 at 1200 from ur lbs and 800 from online retailers

His prices are for a full bike. Check the OP's post.

aedubber

Never tried any Shimano stuff but the Sram stuff holds up VERY good... Ive banged up and bent rear derailers and they still hold up and shift perfectly .

Top Bottom