What Bird Did You See Today?

ekuhn

Rode by a bunch of new geese babys on the towpath. Parents hissed as I was 8 ft away. With no picture its prolly worthless, but I wasnt fast enough with the phone.

rick81721

Lothar
Rode by a bunch of new geese babys on the towpath. Parents hissed as I was 8 ft away. With no picture its prolly worthless, but I wasnt fast enough with the phone.

Saw them yesterday too and got the same response. Saw them a week ago and they were tiny (and more numerous). I wonder what gets them - turtles or foxes?

pooriggy

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Yeah, I consider them rodents, rats with wings. If they weren't so over populated and they didn't shit all over, then they would be kinda cool to see. Union Co. Hired a contractor to thin the heard some years back, they rounded them up and gassed them, which went over like a fart in church. Now there back to addling, which works as well as just say no.

roc

I rode under these guys many times without ever noticing until someone pointed out the nest to me. I was able to see the whole family from the nearby hillside.View attachment 94509
Where is that? That is really cool. I've only seen three owls outside in my life. Is it easy to see, what trail, I'd love to take my wife there to check it out.

ekuhn

Yeah, I consider them rodents, rats with wings. If they weren't so over populated and they didn't shit all over, then they would be kinda cool to see. Union Co. Hired a contractor to thin the heard some years back, they rounded them up and gassed them, which went over like a fart in church. Now there back to addling, which works as well as just say no.

Agreed especially about the shitting. If they come at me in a defense mode, they might get the salt, pepper, and some heat treatment.

pooriggy

Team MTBNJ Halter's
That bird is so ugly it's cool, plus it's clacking noise is just as cool. One of my favorites, I saw one in Echo Lake park in union co a few weeks ago.

Also I saw a pileated woodpecker near Howell HS last week, which is the first time I've seen one in Monmouth Co, there usually found in points north.

qclabrat

I've had my GF pond for two years and I spotted a heron for the first time this morning.
Think it was a great blue, even though I have a heron net it will try to get my fish and be back soon.
Going to put a motion sensor cam to alert me when it returns so that I can audibly try to scare it away.
Anyone know if they are active at night?
1557235481071.png

Top Bottom