What Bird Did You See Today?

30+ minutes of a red-tailed hawk peeling the skin off a squirrel over our house, as boring as anything and exciting as a kick in the nuts, also no thrilling finale, totally not worth it but I had to upload something so why not...enjoy!

today we did a short out and back and at one point we looped back over to River road to avoid the section where we saw the horses. There’s always an Heron hanging around and just as I said that to my buddy I saw one sitting in the river.

I slowed down to snap a pic. While simultaneously reaching for my phone and just started clicking as it flew away.

Thanks iPhone burst mode.

FBFD12B1-32A4-4530-8679-789B782DB287.jpeg

These were hard to ID - I haven't seen them before down here. Flocks of Great Frigatebirds were gliding into a strong southwest wind, staying almost stationary above the beaches of Manasota Key. They aren't supposed to be east of the west coast of Mexico:

20211028_101727.jpg

20211028_101752.jpg

Saw a new bird while shoveling drenched snow in the serviceguy's avian zoo, could not find a matching picture anywhere. Same size as a dove and similar in color, but with a much longer and skinnier tail...a mutant dove? It sat on a branch looking at me huffing and puffing to clear the driveway then in a second it was gone...we resumed filling the bird feeder and it's been busy so far with the usual visitors.

Saw a new bird while shoveling drenched snow in the serviceguy's avian zoo, could not find a matching picture anywhere. Same size as a dove and similar in color, but with a much longer and skinnier tail...a mutant dove? It sat on a branch looking at me huffing and puffing to clear the driveway then in a second it was gone...we resumed filling the bird feeder and it's been busy so far with the usual visitors.

flicker ?

I am obsessed with the Duke Eagle cam and the Three Bridges Eagle cam. I stream it in my classroom - partly because it prevents the desktop computer from going to "sleep" (stupid admin settings that we can not fix).

As of today, 2 eggs at Duke Farms - laid exactly to the date as last year!! So I wonder if there will be a 3rd?

I am obsessed with the Duke Eagle cam and the Three Bridges Eagle cam. I stream it in my classroom - partly because it prevents the desktop computer from going to "sleep" (stupid admin settings that we can not fix).

As of today, 2 eggs at Duke Farms - laid exactly to the date as last year!! So I wonder if there will be a 3rd?

I'm surprised how close the new nest is to 3 bridges. Crossing the river on Woodfern look downstream left.

So cool going from 1pair.at 40 years ago to seeing them regularly. My neighbor is involved in tagging.

Back
Top Bottom